~~~Two~~~

Kira

I was completely speechless and forgot to breathe because a wave of dizziness hit me to the point that I lost all self-control.

Alpha D'Angelo's gaze searched my face with newfound interest. My knees buckled and I prayed for the ground to swallow me.

Every nerve ending in my body twitched. I forced my mouth to close tightly, praying that it would not open on its own.

Up close, the alpha's broad shoulders and well-defined abs caught my attention beneath his platinum-white shirt. I wanted to touch the hard planes of his chest, but how dare I?

"Who are you and why are you standing on my terrace half-naked?"

Half-naked?

Shit!

With trembling hands, I tried to cover myself but my hands refused to cooperate. Chills ran down my spine in all the right places from his voice. Then a crazy giggle escaped my lips, surprising him.

"What's funny?" His sharp, hard gaze tipped his elegantly arched brow.

The Alpha screamed perfection in every way, and I felt an overwhelming need to bow at his feet. My stupid wolf begged me to kiss him, but my brain knew that it was a death wish to nurse.

We were mates, but he was never going to choose me.

"Is your tongue missing? How on earth did you end up here?"

"Terrace... Stars... Pretty...birthday," I stammered.

I felt his breath on my skin as he moved so close. Like he had just seen a ghost, his hazel eyes widened in pure shock.

I could see every detail of his eyeballs. The deep green and rich amber blended beautifully, with hints of gold that seemed to dance in the light.

"Hold on. Are you an omega?"

"Omega," I repeated, feeling the bond between us. Stronger and more potent than anything I had ever experienced in my life.

Sadly, my wolf called for him and he did not respond. Instead, he stretched himself up, standing tall and proud, his fingers raking his dark hair.

Several emotions played on his face. At first, he was confused, then his gaze explored my body, just the same way Zion gawked at me earlier, although the Alpha's was more intense.

Then his mood evaporated sharply to raw fury, with curses falling from his mouth and a hostile glare directed at me.

My knees turned to jelly. I staggered back and nearly went over the terrace's edge. My wolf protested loudly, but I ignored her and focused on trying to stay balanced on my quivering legs.

Alpha D'Angelo approached me with a step, then another. He moved toward me cautiously, slowly, as though I were a wild animal. My back struck the glass wall behind me as I retreated, but his gaze never left mine. I gasped, trying to breathe, but the air wouldn't come.

I was terrified, thinking about what the alpha could do. My insides were ripped apart, causing my stomach to tighten. I had never experienced panic to this extent. I also realized the danger of this bond; if the alpha was my mate, he was going to reject me.

I staggered back like I was trying to blend in with the wall. I became very uncomfortable as the silence grew longer. His eyes were like a volcano about to erupt.

"Sorry... Sorry... I'll go, I swear. I'll never…everrr come back here," I stuttered.

"Did you get an invitation to this party?"There was bitterness oozing from the edges of his steely tone.

"I... No... Please don't tell my m-m-mom," I burst into fresh tears. "She'll kill me."

"Does your mom know you planned to fuck your ugly boyfriend on my terrace? I bet she doesn't."

When his warm hand settled on my shoulder, I shook my head and found myself breathing heavily. My instincts urged me to flee for my life, so I veered over to the terrace's edge.

"Stop moving backward. You're going to fall," the alpha said, this time in a non-threatening gesture, and gripped my hand.

“I'll punish you for daring to break the rules,” he threatened.

But his gaze was different from the sternness of his tone. His pupils turned dark with desire and he watched me with an intent look, giving my body a bold, sweeping gaze.

Despite the coolness of the night breeze, a glaze of sweat broke out of my skin when his finger brushed across the exposed flesh of my arm. My heartbeat increased so fast that I thought it would jump out of my throat.

“P-please Alpha. I beg you to forgive me,” I whispered, bowing my head. “Please!”

I didn’t expect his gentle fingers to brush through my curls or to caress my cheek. A small gasp escaped my lips.

“Until you fetch your fellow thieves, I won't let you go. You will spend the night in the pack cell with the rats and mice.”

I didn't know what came over me that made me find his words funny, but I flung my head back and burst into a very loud laughter.

The alpha was stunned and stared at me as if I were some sort of bizarre demon. “Rats? I love rats,” I said happily, my voice cracking. “They make great pets. All the poor creatures want is food. Unfortunately, I don't have much to give them “

His dark eyebrows creased together, forming a perfect triangle on his forehead, and his gaze dropped down to my lips.

My mind spun wildly as my thoughts raced, leaving me without the ability to focus on anything other than the alpha who stood so close to me.

When he pulled closer, I thought he was going to kiss me.

Instead, he smelled my breath and straightened up, turning his back to face me as he folded his arms.

“You are the worst possible kind of intruder into my private property. Not only did you drink my champagne, you had the effrontery to come to my terrace. You must have some guts.”

Fear paralyzed me when he headed inside and returned with a turtleneck sweater. Without warning, he wore it over my head and covered my naked boobs.

Then he sent for a guard to take me to the pack cell. I began trembling and tears blinded my gaze and choked my voice.

“Don't lay a hand on her. Keep a guard stationed outside her cell. Anyone who violates her will die by the sword. Make sure you go through the back door,” he ordered the guard who took charge of the situation. The guard nodded curtly before bringing out his cuffs.

Trying my hardest to comprehend what the hell was happening, the alpha's gaze locked with mine and held for a moment before the guard dragged me away.