THIRTY-FOUR

Kira

My mom shot me a cold look, obviously annoyed that I had disregarded her request to stay upstairs.

Despite her insistence, I found myself consumed with curiosity about the meeting between her and the alpha. I did my best to stay quiet and composed in my bedroom, but my curiosity was getting the better of me.

Unable to wait any longer because she'd taken more time than necessary, I headed downstairs, wanting to know what they were discussing.

Mom was smiling. That was a good sign that whatever was discussed was positive. But mom shot me a you're-so-stubborn look and got on her feet.

She turned to D'Angelo and said, "I guess it is time to leave you two to discuss." He gave a nod, and I moved aside to let her go.

I was glad the place was dark even though I felt a little awkward being alone with the Alpha. Although werewolves had enhanced vision, I was sure that no one was out there. Even if anyone was, he was the alpha, and no one could question him.

“Sit,” he patted the chair where my mom just left, and I perched on it, experiencing opposing emotions.

After the last incident, I didn't want to be held responsible for any issues that arose during Alexis' pregnancy. Despite being my mate and my body's desire for D'Angelo, she needed him more than I did.

Pregnancy was no joke. Even with her strong blood, I knew that Alexis would be exhausted, grumpy, and agitated during her months-long pregnancy.

My concerns about my future relationship with D’Angelo weren't important for now.

D'Angelo was having trouble finding the right words, and his smile faltered. The silence that followed became more and more uncomfortable, prompting me to search for something to say to fill the void

He watched me intently. Feeling self-conscious, I focused my gaze on the floor.

"I'm sorry about earlier.”

His apology caught me off guard, but I knew better.

"I don't think it's wise for you to come here and ask for me or my mom. People are beginning to suspect."

"Who cares," he scoffed, lifting a brow. "This is my property, and I can do as I please."

Here we go again with arrogance. It seemed that arrogance came with being a higher-ranked werewolf, except for Zina of course.

The moon shone on him, and I noticed the open buttons of his black shirt revealing the taut muscles beneath. My mouth watered slightly at the sight of this sexy male species sitting next to me.

That thought startled me into action, and I averted my eyes from his chest. It made things more awkward when his hazel eyes caught and held mine. It was as though my soul was being sucked out of me and into those mesmerizing orbs. My heart rate rose in response.

The alpha was chiseled perfection, a storybook Prince.

That got me thinking about how he could be flawless and not have any physical flaws. Perhaps there was a defect; perhaps he had a small cock or an uneven butt.

I laughed at the ideas running through my head without realizing it. It was a moment to be happy that I was Omega and that the moon goddess had not bestowed upon us a mind link; otherwise, D'Angelo would have been able to read my thoughts, which would have been uncomfortable.

His smile belied his question, "What is funny?"

Then my mind snapped back to reality, and I realized I had been staring, and not paying attention to what he was saying.

I cleared my throat to get rid of the strange tingling feeling that was suddenly spreading through my entire body, especially down my stomach.

"Nothing.”

His finger rested on my chin, and he moved closer.

"Talk to me, Kira. Ask me anything."

Slightly disappointed that he did not kiss me, I looked away. "I have nothing to ask."

When I looked at him again, he had a broad grin on his face.

"I've never seen anyone look so cute and ridiculous," he said, pointing at my pajama pants.

They were extremely special to me and were the last gift my dad gave to me and were now worn out and frayed with patches here and there. When he got it, it was way bigger than my malnourished body size, and I began wearing it when I was 13.

He pointed at a hole in my left knee and wiggled his brows, making me bite down on a smile. He had a clean, dangerous scent, manly, and made my desire intensify.

"I just don't want any trouble with your lady," I said, becoming serious.

"I promised your mom that nothing of such will ever happen," he responded, fixing his gaze on me. His gaze lowered to my lips, and I grew hot.

"How mad would you be if I kissed you?"

I looked away, heat stealing on my cheeks. "You shouldn't."

"Well, I want to," he said, holding me with his eyes, staring so deeply into my soul.

"I've been trying to talk myself out of this," he said, "but I can't stop thinking about you, Kira. I don't want to spend any time apart from you. You have no idea how many things I want to do to you."

My body trembled, and he made me sit on his lap. "You're not hearing me, Alpha. I don't want anything to happen to your fiancée."

"She's not my fiancée," he snapped, "and I've told you not to worry about her."

"Really," I rolled my eyes. "You expect me to believe that."

He ran his fingers through my hair and looked me in the eyes. My mate was all I wanted, all I could think about. And with him, my pulse quickened with forbidden longing.

"Come with me," he said, "the garden is empty now. No one will see us."

Obediently, I followed him. His power play came to life, we were in the beautiful garden, and the alpha began exploring my body.

He did that in a non-sexual way, and at first, I was not comfortable. But I returned the favor. He had a tattoo of a wolf paw on the left side of his chest, a birthmark under his chin, and a mole on his stomach.

This was more than sexual; this was divine. It was as if we were connecting in another realm.

"You're safe with me, Kira," he said softly and made me lie on the grass. Then his touches became heated, this time exploring my body with nothing but his tongue.

I whispered for more, making a begging sound, his truth ground thick with desire, and he husked my name.

He was about to kiss me when we heard a movement. I rushed to my feet and had taken several steps when D'Angelo burst out laughing.

"It's just a lizard," he said, laughing hard.

"It's not funny," I crossed my arms.