Forty-Four

D'Angelo

The softness of Kira's lips against mine was like the taste of rain on one's tongue—a refreshing sensation after a dry summer day.

As I pressed my hand under her shirt and pulled her closer to me, she let out a low moan. Her fingers tangled in my hair.

I kissed her cheek and whispered, "I can not get enough of you," causing her to shiver beneath my hands.

“God, Kira, I can't... I want you so much…” I said into her ear, biting down gently as she whimpered at my touch. “I want to see you in so many different positions.”

I was about to mark her when something went off in my head like a loud siren, alerting me to the fact that this was wrong and I should stop.

All the possible disasters that could happen if I marked Kira were racing through my head. It sounded exciting to think of loving and cherishing this beautiful girl, for whom my heart ached.

I was not yet ready to mark her, but I wanted to fuck her every night and plant my seed in her until the day we died.

Inside, I was dying because every molecule of my being wanted my mark and scent branded on her shoulders and neck. Knowing that I could not drove me crazy.

So damn frustrating that I couldn't show the world, my beautiful mate.
I needed to protect her and keep her safe from the judgment and prejudice of our pack.

There was a clear hierarchy and set of rules. An alpha such as myself identifying as an omega was going to wreak havoc on her and the other omegas, potentially ending their lives.

They'd already experienced what it was like being an Omega, the lowest of the low without any power or rights, and treated like shit all their life.

If I marked one of them, their lives would never be the same, I would lose the respect of my pack, clan, and tribe members, and Alexis' pregnancy was already risky enough that I opted not to add to her problems.

If controlling my impulses kept Kira safe, then so be it. She deserved to be happy.

Even though she might think I was holding back or not showing her enough, I was willing to endure the hurt of not marking her because I loved her so much.

She pulled away from me, her hand over her nipples as if she could read my mind.

Her face turned a bright red as she looked down in shame. I gave her a comforting peck on the cheek.

"Is everything okay? You seem strange."

“Maybe I'm drunk in love because you're so fucking perfect,” I said softly, leaning forward to nuzzle my nose against hers. "Kira, I adore you."

She reached up to stroke my jawline, and her eyes softened. “So do I. But perhaps we should talk about it if something is bothering you.

I mumbled, "There is nothing we need to discuss.I want to spend the rest of my life by your side; this is perfect."

I could feel the desire for more burning in my chest as she gazed at me. She shook her head and sat up when I tilted my chin in an attempt to kiss.

"I have to leave. My mom is a light sleeper and if she catches us…”

With a sigh, I sat up next to her as she got off the bench and straightened her oddly-looking pants.

She moaned softly and encircled me in her arms as I put my mouth on her nipple and began to gently suckle.

I lowered myself and planted kisses on her hips and navel. She laughed and her breath caught as I put my arms around her waist.

She assured me, "I will stop by tomorrow."