96. Madchester

"Rebecca is at the fertility doctor. A psychic told her she would have a child and now she is starting think she wasnt a quack after all."

"Wow, have you ever been to a psychic?" Ted questioned. 

"At a circus I watched my mum get her cards read and she took them too literal and left my father thinking he was the black hole in her life, but the more she thought about it the more she thought, the wealth, or whatever money card there was, she thought my father was the one to give it to her, so they got back to together and I couldnt help but think the psychic was laughing like haha you sucker." Poppy answered. 

"Makes perfect sense, like if I said I'm really hankering for some mac n' cheese right now and you suggest we have mac n' cheese for dinner." Ted offered. 

"You want bunny shaped mac n' cheese noodles?" Poppy agreed. 

"That sounds perfect, thank you." Ted agreed. Poppy laughed out. 

"I will start boiling the water." Poppy added getting up.  "Hey you worried about man city?" she questioned letting the pot fill with water from the tap. 

"No, I mean its not about winning or losing so-"

"But winning is more fun." Poppy added clicking on the burner. 

"That it is." Ted admitted. "I just want them to have a good time. Learn something about each other and themselves."

"I wish I had someone like you as my coach." Poppy admitted. "We won a lot but it was always hard core. took some of the fun out of it when he lost. He made it seem like we were failures. I like that you dont make your team feel that way."

"They are family, family should help each other... nothing like what happened to you should ever happen, to anyone, ever." 

"Thanks Ted. Birdie was saying that she wants to be a coach like daddy today." 

"Oh yeah?" Ted blushed handing her the box of mac n' cheese. 

"She adores her, daddy."

XXX

"You see, I am no prophet. Prophets believe in something. I do not just believe. I know in my heart, in my bones, in my well-defined delts, traps and glutes that there is no opponent this team cannot conquer." Zava declared.

"I literally just said that." Jamie objected.

"But no one was listening." Birdie informed him. 

"Thats a lot." Jamie murmured. 

"You are welcome." Birdie agreed. "And i'm well aware that was sarcasm." She added over her shoulder. 

"You will not win because of me." Zava assured. "You will win because you work together. Because together... you can achieve anything. "

"Manchester City is going down!"

"Oh hey this is... MIchelle, I-"

"Take it." Poppy assured.

"Thanks," Ted kissed her cheek before answering his phone. 

"Hey, Ted. I'm sorry we kept missing each other." Michelle remarked.

"That's okay. I get it, you know? How's the little guy doing?"

"He's okay. He's actually at the park right now."

"He is? Oh, that's great. Yeah. Jake thought it'd be a good idea to get outside, get some fresh air." Michelle agreed. Ted hated that Jake got to be the good guy and help henry though this. He should have been there. He should be there for Henry right now.