27. Play Date

Your name hurts / Criston cole out now!

"This weekend is moving forward. When that champagne arrives, we are going to get drunk, have a nice meal, and leave the past in the past." Keeley decided. "Sound good?"

"Sounds fucking great." There was a knock on the door. "Oh. Speak of the devil."

"Hello, Stinky. Still giving you the big room even without old gray walnuts footing the bill." Rebecca stood speechless. "Good. fuck Rupert!" she looked around the room seeing Keely. "Oh. Who's this then? No poppy? Is this your concubine? Is she Russian? Are you Russian?"

"A, I love you. B, who are you?" Keeley questioned.

"Let me introduce Flo Collins, my best mate since we were little." Rebecca introduced. "Brilliant child psychologist and proud, newly single..."

"Mm-hmm." She agreed.

"...mother to the most amazing 12-year-old little girl called Nora, my goddaughter." Rebecca finished. "Both of whom I've completely neglected to speak to in the last six years. "

"Oh, Jesus, Stinky. Remind me to bury you in the set list for speeches at my funeral."

"Hi, I'm Flo. Or you can call me Sassy. I don't care which." She assured. "So, you heard about the divorce?" Sassy realized.

"Yeah. I bumped into Derren at a party. He told me right after he hit on me." Rebecca agreed. "Poppy informed me again after he was done hitting on her."

"Hey, what's new? Still, weird order for him to roll out that information." Sassy mused. "Is Poppy here?"

"Next room over. Getting birdie settled." Rebecca agreed.

"Right, what's in the plan for tonight, then? Shall I call down? Get myself a robe? Oh! Look what I've got." She pulled out a bottle of champagne. "Ta-da! Stole it off a room service trolley outside."

"You're amazing! I'm Keeley, by the way. Hi!"

"Yeah, I know who you are, honey." Sassy assured. "My ex used to masturbate to you like a maniac, so..."

"A dress change?" Poppy questioned. Birdie smiled her purple dress was her new favorite.

"Everyone already saw me in this one." Birdie giggled back.

"Good point." Poppy mused. "I think I hear sassy. I dont know if you met sassy," poppy realized.

"Roy calls me sassy." Birdie added. "Sassy like mama." Poppy chuckled scooping her up and spinning her around.

"Ello? Poppet!" Sassy peered in. "Oi! Look at you muffin. Bigger than the pictures your mum sent me."

"Birdie love this is aunt Beccas eldest and I do mean Elderly-" poppy added. Sassy swatted a hand at her back as she hugged poppy. "Friend sassy."

"Hi Ms Sassy. Im birdie." She introduced.

"Am I cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs thinking we can beat these guys tomorrow?" Ted questioned softly.

"No, we match up perfectly."

"Exactly." Ted agreed. "What about you, Nate? You believe these guys can win?"

"I believe this team can do anything."

"See? There you go. That's what I'm talking about." Ted agreed. "Okay, Nate. So if you were me, what would you tell these guys?"

"Oh, no. I wouldn't... No, I don't..." Nate stammered.

Still on for drinks? Poppy smiled down at her phone as Birdie shoveled cake into her mouth.