39. Promotion

"Roy Kent! He's here, he's there, he's every-fucking-where. Roy Kent! Roy Kent! He's here, he's there, he's every-fucking-where. Roy Kent! Roy Kent! He's here, he's there, he's every-fucking-where." The crowd sung out. "Roy Kent!"

"Well, we apologize for the fruity language as the crowd serenades Roy Kent with a song that's echoed through the Premier League for more than a decade."

"He's here, he's there, he's every-fucking-where..."

"And he's getting up."

"Roy Kent! Roy Kent will never leave on a stretcher."

The crowd continued to sing as Roy hobbled off. Poppy jumped up running down, Birdie chased after her.

"As Kent comes off, he claps the fans in gratitude. Kent has been a fan favorite because he always left everything he had out on the pitch, and he did so tonight."

"Chris, does this almost feel like a farewell to you?"

"Well, you have to wonder, Arlo. At his age, with that injury... Personally, I'm sorry to say, I think this may be the last time we ever see the great Roy Kent lace up his boots."

"Hey." Poppy whispered seeing Roy popping his knee back in with a loud snap. "That was amazing." She sat beside him, he glanced her way.

"ROY YOU WERE AWESOME!" Birdie declared hugging him tight. "That take down, wow! You put Jamie Tartt doo-doo- doo in his place!"

"Thanks Boo." Roy whispered as Poppy hugged him.

"Roy Kent... Roy Kent..." Poppy whispered smiling into him. "He's here, he's there he's-"

"EVERY FUCKING WHERE!" Birdie shouted doubling over with laughter.

"BIRDIE!" Poppy laughed out.

"Fuck yeah." Roy agreed high fiving her. 

"That's the sound of 26,000 people checking mobiles."

"Oh, my God. Palace won 6-0."

"But then that means... All we need is a tie."

"We just need a tie, boys! We just need a tie!" Ted demanded.

"Get back out there Pop." Roy requested. "Your man needs you cheering him on. Docs got me."

"I will check on your after." Poppy assured kissing his cheek. "You did great Roy."

"Three minutes of added time is all that's left in Richmond's season. Montlaur runs left. Fouled hard by Scharfenberg."

"Oi! Lasso Special! Lasso Special!" Isaac demanded.

"Holy smokes." Ted chuckled.

"Lasso Special!" the team repeated.

"Manchester City are more worried about yelling at the official than they are about... whatever it is Richmond are doing."

"Hold on, hold on.  Actually, what are they doing?"

"Ref! They can't do that  What are you doing?" Jamie countered as the players got into American football position. Poppy laughed out.

"The Lasso Special." Poppy repeated as she took her seat again.

"How's Roy?" Keeley questioned.

"In need of another hug." Poppy suggested and Keeley ran off.

"I don't know what's going on here, but it looks like... Is this American football?"

"What the fuck is that? What's he doing?"

"I've never seen anything like this."

"If Richmond are trying to confuse Manchester City, you have to say it's working.""