12. Fight Club

Bad for Business / Viserys Targaryen Out now!!

"Mrs. Which's voice was grave. 'What do you understand?' 'That it has to be me. Can't be anyone else.'" Roy read off a wrinkle in time to Pheobe that night. He slapped the book down. "Fuck!"

"That's a bad word, Uncle Roy."

"Mind your own business, Phoebe." Roy countered getting up. "Be good." He texted Poppy and she laughed out immediately calling him. Roy had been like a brother to her for ages.

"Ted was right? You want to admit it to me?" Poppy mused.

"Fuck off." Roy grumbled.

"You are starting to like him.  Admit it." Poppy encouraged

"Never." Roy grumbled.

" I have an advance copy of the article." Higgins remarked, poppy had requested a copy as well since she was manager of football and whatnot. She saw it ding in her inbox and hung up on Roy.

"Rude." Roy grumbled.

"Read it to me." Rebecca demanded leaning back in her chair ready for Ted's defeat.

"Mommy did you get the story on Mr ted yet?" Birdie questioned coming into poppys room.

"I just got it. You want to hear?"

"Yes please." Birdie agreed.

"Title: "Wayward Ted." Higgins began. "Whatever you think of Ted Lasso as a football coach, I assure you, the truth is harder to swallow." Rebecca smirked. "because Ted is out there in the community either bravely or stupidly facing the music."

"And yes, he's in over his head. He insisted twice that he didn't care if Richmond won or lost. But if the Lasso way is wrong, it's hard to imagine being right." Poppy read on from her comfy bed birdie tucked in beside her while higgins and rebecca were at theirnown homes reading over the same.

"Why have you stopped reading?" Rebecca demanded.

"Please do me the favor of remembering that these aren't my words, it's Trent Crimm." Higgins offered nervously over the phone.

"Keep going." Rebecca demanded.

"In a business that celebrates ego, celebrates ego, Ted reins his in. His coaching style is subtle. It never hits you over the head."

"Like our headers!" Birdie agreed.

"Just like that. Im sure." Poppy agreed.

"Whether that means allowing followers to become leaders, or in a show of respect, eating food so spicy it's sure to wreak massive havoc on his intestinal system." Higgins went on. "And though I believe that Ted Lasso will fail here and Richmond will suffer the embarrassment of relegation, I won't gloat when it happens...."

Poppy smiled down at the words.

"Good job Trent." Poppy whispered.

"Whats it say?" Birdie questioned.

"Because I can't help but root for him."

+

"You're hearing AFC Richmond being booed lustily by their home fans, and you have to say, not without good reason. 2-0. We're better than that!"

"Jamie. Jamie. Sorry, I didn't put that cross where you wanted it." Sam remarked as they got to the locker room.

"Ah. Forget it, mate." Jamie assured. "Hey, would it be too forward if I gave you some advice that might help improve your game a bit?" Jamie questioned.