2. Awesomeness

"You didn't sleep at all?" Beard questioned.

"Not a wink." Ted answered. "No. My brain just kept on cooking. At first, I was thinking about not sleeping. Then I was thinking about thinking about not sleeping. And that... That's never good. Next thing you know, they're handing out warm chocolate chip cookies" Ted rambled. "and the plane's landing."

"I didn't get a cookie. Did you eat mine?" Beard questioned.

"That's not part of the story. I think this is us right here." Ted remarked.

"Rupert..." Rebecca hissed with disgust.

"Close the laptop, Becca." Poppy instructed. "As your new manager of... something of football, it is my job to do- well I dont actually know what this job entails besides getting paid a shit ton and having tea with you." Poppy mused.

"Our new coach gets in today." Rebecca remarked.

"Oh, thats good, you want me to get the boys ready?" Poppy questioned.

"I want you to keep a secret." Rebecca corrected.

"What?" Poppy countered.

"Rupert loves this-" she gestured around. "This and nothing else."

"Yeah, thats a simple but true statement." Poppy agreed. "But a football, American football coach... what are you up to? Has he ever coached our football, his soccer before?"

"No." Rebecca answered. Poppy put in Ted Lasso into the search engine on her phone and the first thing that popped up was a video. Poppy clicked on the video of Ted dancing like a lunatic, she chuckled at the smile on Teds face as his team won. Rebecca snatched the phone away. "Don't."

"What? He's funny." Poppy answered.

"He is how I'm going to ruin Rupert." Rebecca remarked.

"How?" Poppy questioned.

"He is going to make this team fail. We will lose and Rupert will be broken that his beloved Richmond-"

"Rebecca!" Poppy scolded.

"You are my sister. You have to promise me you will help me."

"I... no. I'm trying to show Birdie-"

"You threatened to throw George out the damn window just yesterday." Rebecca cut in.

"Thats different, thats George, this man, this dancing man hasnt done anything to deserve my threats. Or you setting him up to fail, Becca come on." Poppy begged.

"It's too late, he accepted anyways. He will be here any moment and he will coach the team."

"I dont want any part of this until I find out if he's a monster." Poppy countered.

"Too late you are my accomplice." Rebecca corrected.

"Fuck you." Poppy laughed out.

"Oi! Excuse me! Oi! Hello!" Nate, the teams kit man shouted running across the pitch. "Off! Off! Stop touching the grass! Get off! Get off the pitch! Stop touching the grass! Please!"

Poppy moved to the window peering down at their kit man.

"Nates having a spaz attack." Poppy remarked.

"Who?" Rebecca countered.

"Kit man, shouting about grass." Poppy answered. Rebecca rolled her eyes.

"I'm Ted Lasso. This is Coach Beard here."

"Oh, God. You're the new manager." Nate declared.

"Yes, sir." Ted agreed.