94. Trigger Warning

"A new tactic from the Hammers in the closing seconds of the first half." Arlo declared.

" It's never too late to change, Arlo."

" And it's 2-nil. Oh, deary me."

"What in the..."

"How did that happen?" Rebecca demanded.

"It was like magic. Suddenly in the goal." Poppy rasped.

"We go to halftime. Richmond have dominated possession, but out of absolutely nowhere, it's 2-nil to the Hammers."

"Now can I start freaking out?" Rebecca seethed.

"Freak away." Poppy agreed. Rebecca growled marching off.

"Where is auntie becca going?" Birdie questioned.

"To yell no doubt."

"Hey, boss. What you doing down here?" Ted questioned.

"I just wanted to tell you that I believe in you, Ted." rebecca let out a long slow breath.

"Uh-huh?"

"And I know that I've been putting an awful lot of pressure on you to win today, but I just... Just want you to forget all about that. Just... be yourself and have fun. Okay."

"Okay. Well, thank you." Ted answered.

"I believe in you, Ted." Rebecca demanded. " And it's intense... out there really intense you know..."

" I better go. All right." Ted countered taking a step back.

"Off you pop. Like poppy but not because you are Ted! Our hero! Remember, have fun! Whoo-hoo!  Yes! This is so exciting!" rebecca shouted. "Whoo-hoo! Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo!"

"What was that?" Poppy demanded.

"Im showing my support and not freaking out at him. Showing him i believe like you always tell him, well I believe in him too!" Rebecca declared

"That display was frieghtening." Birdie corrected.

"This is your surprise, huh?"

"A minute ago, they were catatonic. Now look at them.  They're Killers." Ted declared seeing the boys in a fit of rage at what they saw on the video tape of nate destroying their sign.

" Frankly, Ted, sometimes that's good." Beard countered.

" Oh, my. Richmond coming out of the tunnel with a palpable chip on their shoulder." Arlo remarked as richmond came out with their game faces on.

" Wow. A real tension on the pitch. I think we're in for an exciting half."

" Ooh. That's an awful tackle. He would be fortunate to escape... ... with just a yellow. It's a deserved red, and Richmond will play almost the entire second half with ten men."

"Whats going on?" Birdie questioned.

"Not a clue." Poppy answered.

"This is great!" Barbara declared.

"They are playing more rugby than football," poppy added.  Ted glanced back up into the box as poppy covered birdies eyes. She pulled her hand away. "You dont need to see this Birdie Boo."

"Why are they being so mean mommy?"

"I dont know honey. They are mad they are losing I suppose." Poppy answered.

"But that doesnt give them the right to be so mean." Birdie corrected. "Its not going to help them win."

"Maybe you need to give the team a pep talk." Rebecca cut in.