89. Psychic

"We are now one. There is no me. There is no you.  There is only the "we"... ... and the "us." And the we in us." Zava declared.

" Okay." Ted agreed. "Um, coaches, let's, uh... let's go in here, have a word really quickly, before he scurries off. Everybody else, just go ahead and keep breathing amongst yourselves."

"He's so much more down-to-earth than I imagined." Dani remarked amazed.

"He... wants to be front and center." Ted remarked. "He moved all our little pieces and pushed the rest of the team back and he was ... the only one doing anything."

"I knew this was a bad idea." Poppy agreed.

"I mean hes the best of the best we are lucky to have him." Ted offered.

"Hes going to piss off the rest of your team." Poppy countered.

"Yeah Jamie didnt seem to happy about zava coming in and taking over." Ted agreed. "Is birdie still asleep?"

"Yeah but she wanted you to see her when you got back." Poppy assured. "Said she would know if you didnt."

"Then i best get in there." Ted agreed. He pushed open the door a crack and smiled kneeling beside the bed. "I missed you today birdie. I will tell you all about it tomorrow. Love you sweetheart."

"Love you daddy." Birdie yawned out. Ted kissed her forehead as he got up.

"Go back to sleep... how you feeling?"

"My tummy hurts." Birdie admitted. "But its not my kidneys or pancreas."

"Thats good to hear." Ted agreed sitting beside her.

"I check female anatomy on webmd and I found my most likely causes are the common flu once again. Something is going around the playground. I should have washed my hands better." Birdie admitted. "But i will live." Birdie added.

"Live and learn little Bird." Ted agreed. "You get some rest. We will talk in the morning."

"Night daddy." Birdie agreed.

"Night baby girl." Ted closed the door leaving it open a crack before joining poppy on the couch. "Shes going to be a doctor." Ted decided.

"She told you about Wed Md?" Poppy pondered.

"Yeah. Shes a smart cookie."

"She is."

"I love being her daddy." Ted blurted out.

"Me too." Poppy agreed.

🔮
"I can see something. Mmm, it's in your hand. An object. It's very special."

"Is it a bowl?" Rebecca teased.

"It's a green matchbook." Tish answered.

"Sorry, it's what?"

' A green matchbook. How lovely."

"Sorry, who cares about a green matchbook?"

"Now I can hear something. Shite!"

"Oh, for God's sake." Rebecca muttered this was the last time she was ever listening to her mother about psychics.

" No, just one at a time, please. I... Shite in wh... Shite in nin... Sh... Oh...  ... yeah, shite in nining armor. "A shite in nining armor"?  Does that mean something to you?"

" Yes, it does mean something to me. It means you're even more batshit crazy than I..." Rebecca agreed.

"Shut up, I can hear something else. It's thunder a... a-and lightning and you. And you're upside down, an... an-an-and you're drenched." Tish went on taking a deep breath. "But you're safe."

"Okay, that... that's enough I think for today. But thank you so much for your time and for sharing your, what is it, your gift?

"We can just tell my mum I did the whole session. Yes?" Rebecca suggested.

"You will have a family."

"Sorry, what did you just say?"

"You're going to be a mother."

"Fuck you. I've always thought you were completely harmless because my mum could afford you, but you are actually dangerous. And you're fucking cruel."

"Oh Becca why did you even go?" Poppy demanded.

"To get mother off my back"

"I just don't answer her calls." Poppy countered. "Voicemail every time."

"I know i know but..." rebecca shook her head. "She was a total quack. If i was a foolish woman she could have made me believe that i was going to have happiness-"

"You will! You dont need a hoax to tell you that. You are an amazing woman Becca. You are smart and sexy and afc richmonds owner! You are the best big sister in the world and the best aunt to Birdie-"

"Her only aunt and your only sister."

"Doesnt change the fact that you are the best and you will have a happy ending if you just reach out and try. I pushed people away for years then ted came into our lives and... i cant imagine life without him."

"Fairytale." Rebecca agreed.

"I love him. So much. But if henry wasnt in Kansas then i would agree with you. Becca he is the one for me and im worried hes going to change his mind and go home and forget about us."

"He would never do that. Never. He loves you."