40. Idiot

New Years Day / Roy Kent out now!
Poppy didnt want Ted to be alone. She said it was financially responsible for ted to just move in with her and birdie. Even though her flat was already paid off and poppy refused to take his money. She was closer to the club and her bed was comfier. They both agreed thrououghly about the bes. Plus when they wanted to have a sleep over which was all the time birdies room was here. Also that poppy really liked falling asleep beside ted. Loved him being here.

Poppy loved having Ted stay with her, she loved waking up beside him, loved how his arms wrapped around her, how he held her like she was precious.

But this morning she woke up alone? Poppy Sighed looking around before checking her phone. She heard a clatter in the kitchen though and left her phone danging from his charging chord as she ran off.

"What are you doing Ted?" Poppy questioned her worry fading.

"I know you said I could stay... dont be mad." Ted remarked he looked up to her nervously. "I'm reorganizing your cabinets." Ted admitted.

"You are such a sweetie." Poppy decided. "It's really disorganized, I keep meaning to go through them but," She shrugged. "As long as you dont mess up my mugs."

"Never. I know those are precious." Ted agreed. Birdie came into the kitchen yawning she smiled back at her mom and ted as poppy put the kettle on.

"Morning birdie boo!" Poppy declared.

"Hi mama. Hi mr Ted." Birdie answered.

"Did I wake you Birdie? Im sorry." Ted added suddenly he felt awful but last night for dinner he knocked all the tupperware over trying to find a lid. Birdie shook her head. "Pfew!" Ted agreed knocking over a cup. "Shoot. My bad."

"You up reading late last night?" Poppy countered. Birdie nodded.

"I need to go to the library today once I finish it." Birdie added.

"Sounds like a plan." Poppy agreed. She grabbed a mug before moving to the frother. Ted was still amazed at how poppy made tea not taste garbage water.

"If this whole superstar football manager thing doesnt work out... wait for it..." red added with his usual flare. "A barista!" Birdie laughed out.

"Thats a step down." Birdie corrected. "Ohh can we open a book shop tea shop?"

"Start saving your dollars." Poppy suggested

"I already do. That would be fun. Being my own boss."

"At four. You are going to be a millionaire by ten." Ted agreed.

"Im almost five." Birdie corrected. "Im going to be in kindergarten in the fall too! Im going to impress all my teachers my with knowledge! Top of all my classes! I see it now! Birdie for mayor! Birdie for senate! Birdie for president! Birdie for-"

"Extreme ruler of the universe?" Ted offered. Birdie giggled resting her chin on her hands.

"You are so silly mr ted."

After breakfast, reading on the cabana in on the roof they headed to the library.   Birdie picked out three books. The librarian tsked.

"You want to be in the childrens section. Has more pictures dearie."

"My daughter knows how to read." poppy corrected.

"Right right but these books are middle grade. The words are too big the concepts will go right over her head."

"This is the fourth-"

"Fifth!" Birdie corrected.

"Yes thank you. Fifth book in the series to which my daughter loves. She is my little genius she reads at a higher level than her age. She is the brightest mind of her generation i know it already." Poppy commanded. "now scan the darn books." She added. Birdie nodded reaching out for her little stack.

"You should really say your sorry to the little lady. I know you thought you were helping but Ms Poppy is correct and Birdie is a smartie pants." Ted added.

"Hey arent you-"

"Nope." Ted corrected with a smile. "Im just Ted today."

"Wanker." The librarian corrected.

"This is a public library i request you dont say such things." Ted requested kindly. "And in front of the children," ted added.

"My nephew is 4 and shouts it at the television."

"Your nephew is an idiot." Birdie declared her tone posh but firm. "Maybe if he was at my level he wouldnt still be reading picture books. Come on mama. We are done here."

"Im buying you the whole series." Poppy decided.

📚

Ted was taking poppy on a date. A proper date. Birdie was having a play date with Roy and Pheobe, while Poppy and ted got some alone time.

"What do you think?" Poppy questioned doing a spin.

"Wowzah..." Ted said once he got over his initial speechlessness seeing Poppy all dolled up.

"Thanks

"Thanks." Poppy answered.

"You look... wowzah. gorgeous. I feel under dressed suddenly." Ted realized.

"You look perfect." Poppy assured.

"I thought you said you wanted to go bowling?"

"Yeah but Birdie said I needed to wear this dress." Poppy countered. "Also im really bad at bowling. Like gutter ball bad. I always use the bumpers but thought it would be fun. Until it became a date without Birdie." She admitted.

"Let me change my shirt and I will take you out somewhere nice." Ted decided running to the bedroom. Poppy loved that he had moved into the flat loved that birdie loved him too.

"Wowzah!" Poppy declared with a wink. Ted did a spin similar to her own.

"Same shirt different color.... Except i dont speel color with a U." Ted added with a grin. "So its fancy like that." Poppy laughed out draping her arms around his shoulders.

"I love you Ted Lasso." He smiled kissing her his arms tangled around her waist.

"I love you Poppy Welton."

They never made it outnof the flat. But they made it out of their clothes that night.