Chapter 238 - Madness [03]

To Yan Gaowei, Qi Xinya was like light.

Although there are many members of the Yan family in the military system, they are from poor backgrounds after all. They joined the army just to make a living. Unexpectedly, a few brothers in the family have become somewhat decent and enjoy that. 

With the benefits of the time, a household registration in the imperial city, and an allocated house, with the convenience of their parents, almost all of this generation of the Yan family took the path of serving as soldiers. 

Among them, Yan Gaowei seemed to be born to wear military uniforms. He was tough and is like a machine that is born with indifferent emotions, self-disciplined and iron-blooded.

In his world, the word love is quite unfamiliar, whether family affection or friendship, it is cumbersome. Until he met Qi Xinya.

The first time he met Qi Xinya was in the hospital. He returned from a mission and was arranged to be nursed back to health in the hospital. 

At that time, an authoritative heart expert was attending a symposium in their military hospital. The family took this opportunity to bring Qi Xinya over for examination. 

He was lying in the ward where he could see the small garden outside the window with his head tilted. Qi Xinya, accompanied by her mother, was picking flowers in the small garden.

He has never seen such a girl, as delicate and beautiful as crystal, clear and clean. Seeing Qi Xinya holding the flower in her hand, smiling and lowering her head to smell the fragrance, at that moment, he even had the illusion of seeing an angel. 

His heart, which had never beaten violently, strongly declared its existence. Just one glance, and he could no longer get out of Qi Xinya's smile.

After meeting, it was a smooth acquaintance, friendship, and love. Although the Qi family has a large business and is a wealthy family, they do not pay too much attention to family status. His betrothal gift and even a pre-marital property certificate made the Qi family put down their last worry. They got married successfully and lived happily every day.

They were still young at that time, and Qi Xinya's health was not as bad as it was later. Although he submitted an application for job transfer, before the new job was assigned, he still had to figure out when it was time to go on missions. 

Every time he went on a mission, he would send Qi Xinya back to the Qi family, until he came back from another mission and saw Qi Xinya with a pregnant belly.

Regarding children, they once discussed and Yan Gaowei strongly stated that he did not want children. Qi Xinya's heart could not bear a life that needed to be placed on her. 

As for family ties, Yan Gaowei had always been indifferent. He did not need the so-called inheritance at all. As long as he can live a long life with this woman who made him fall in love at first sight.

Qi Xinya knew that he didn't want children, but when an accident happened, she couldn't bear to give it up. This was a brand new life and the continuation of her love with Yan Gaowei.

Therefore, after she became pregnant, she did not tell her husband who was on a mission immediately. Instead, she waited until she was far along and it was more dangerous to have an abortion before letting him know.

In order to give birth to Yan Zhe, Qi Xinya almost risked her life. After Yan Zhe was born, Qi Xinya spent more than half a year recovering in the hospital before being discharged. During this period, Yan Gaowei never even glanced at her son.

After giving birth to a child, Qi Xinya's body was not as good as before. Under Yan Gaowei's strong will, the superiors assigned him a more stable job. Every day, all the focus of Yan Gaowei's life revolved around Qi Xinya, but the damage to her body cannot be delayed by diligent maintenance.