Chapter 247 - The Secret of the Inheritance [06]

In the entire castle, only the attic in the southeast corner was locked. The iron chains were wrapped around it and the lock was rusty. It looked very old. 

There are even signs of being burned in some corners, but it looks like it has been repaired and the wallpaper has been re-pasted. But even if it has been repaired, compared to other parts of the castle, this attic seems to be an abandoned piece of land. 

It was a place with a good orientation, but the light outside seemed to be blocked. It was cold and dim. Even if he stood by the window, it wasn't much brighter.

Wen Ran reached out and pressed the switch on the wall. 

The light bulb above his head flickered for a few times and then turned on. The light bulb was an old incandescent lamp. After the filament inside burned red, it snapped and died in minutes. 

Wen Ran clicked his tongue lightly and didn't bother with the light anymore. Anyway, places with ghosts were always dark, and he was used to it.

When he put his hand on the chain, before he even exerted any force, the chain holding a large lock broke and fell to the ground. It was obvious that the thing inside was welcoming him in.

Wen Ran didn't care, he pushed open the door that had been closed for who knows how long, and walked towards the attic step by step.

The door to the attic was made of wood, and there was a creaking sound when it was pushed open, making the dark attic look even more eerie and terrifying. 

Wen Ran thought to himself, if this a plot in the movie, it is the prelude to seeking death.

When the door was completely pushed open, the entire attic appeared before Wen Ran's eyes.

European-style carpets with complicated patterns could be vaguely seen, and the room was full of books. On the desk facing the attic window, there was a book open. But it was also covered in dust and cobwebs.

A slight cough sounded from the side, and Wen Ran turned his head to look. A thin and slender young man was standing by the window. He had the aura of a ghost on his body, but his facial features were gentle.

Wen Ran tilted his head: "Hello?"

The young man was stunned for a moment, and then slowly smiled: "Aren't you afraid of me?"

Wen Ran casually picked a place to sit down that was not too dirty: "I thought it's obvious enough, but you don't know the profession of Celestial Master?"

The young man shook his head: "Is the profession of catching ghosts in movies actually real?"

Wen Ran said: "Even ghosts are real. The profession of catching ghosts naturally exists. I see that you are full of resentment, but there is no blood evil. On the contrary, there is a trace of earth-bound aura. Do you have an unfulfilled wish, or are you bound and unable to leave this place?"

The young man lowered his eyes, then the surrounding environment began to gradually change.

The cold darkness was dispersed bit by bit by the sunlight projected from the window. The old and broken things that had been dusted by time began to become vivid bit by bit. The black and white inside the room were dyed in colors, and the young man in front of him also lost the lifelessness all over his body and became a handsome young man.

His features vaguely resemble those of the Grandaunt. Even though the Grandaunt is old, he can still see a bit of the splendor of her in this youth. 

And this fierce ghost sealed in the attic should be in his best years. His star-studded eyes always seem to have a slight smile when looking at others. Just one look can make people feel that this is a person who has gentleness engraved in his bones.