Chapter 249 - The Secret of the Inheritance [08]

Although Qi Bai'an was not young, he did not have any underlying diseases. How could a person drown in the bathtub for no reason? 

If the death was hideous, it might be possible to speculate that it was an unexpected myocardial infarction or something like that, but Qi Bai'an died peacefully without any trace of struggle, which made his death very suspicious. 

Therefore, when everyone faced Qi Bai'an's death, the first thought that came to mind was murder.

It was stormy at this moment. Unless the murderer had hidden on this small island early, the only suspects were the people in the castle. 

Thinking about Second Aunt Qi who has not been found so far, maybe she has also been killed. If so, then two people have died, and these two people are heirs to the property. 

Even if Qi Bai'an still has two sons, they can still get a little bit, but compared to what Qi Bai'an can get if he is still alive, it is almost negligible. 

As for Second Aunt Qi, she was never married and had no children. If she died, it would be equivalent to losing a share of the property.

Compared with the corpse stored upstairs, this very possible reason of the death is the root that cause the panic among everyone in the castle.

Two of the original six heirs of the Qi family are now dead. On the son's side, only the second and third are left, and on the daughter's side, the eldest and youngest are left. 

Together with their family members who originally brought to the castle to celebrate the eightieth birthday, the number is not small, there are at least more than 20 children and grandchildren together, and the murderer is very likely to be one of these 20 people.

The rain outside seemed had no intention of stopping. The young children were placed in a room, and the children's mothers were also watching over them. Sitting in the hall were Grandaunt's children, and several adult grandchildren.

Seeing that the eldest's grandson had finished the phone call, the Second Uncle Qi asked urgently: "How is it? Can they send someone over?"

Qi Bai'an eldest son shook his head: "The police have been called, but they can't come on the island. There is no way the ship can go out to the sea in this kind of weather."

Second Uncle Qi scratched his hair: "What a horrible weather!"

Before he could finish his words, a flash of lightning outside was followed by thunder that resounded through the sky. The sound was so loud that everyone in the room was shocked.

Wen Ran has been staying with his grandma. Old Mrs. Qi, who has experienced big storms, was not frightened by the sudden murder. 

She was just a little worried about whether her old sister could accept a white-haired person sending a black-haired person, especially it happened all of a sudden. If it was really someone from this castle who did it, then the murderer might be her children or grandchildren.

Almost subconsciously, Mrs. Qi looked towards her eldest grandson. 

Although she also knew that as far as the current situation was concerned, her grandson would not be able to solve the stranded situation caused by the weather no matter how talented he was, but she felt that as long as her grandson was here, it makes her feel at ease.

Qi Yunjing didn't want his grandma to get hurt, so he said, "Grandma, you and Grandaunt should go upstairs to rest together. It's useless to stay here." 

Grandma sighed, and the Grandaunt on the side asked the servant to cook some midnight snacks: "Eat something. If it stops raining tomorrow, there are still a lot of things to do. Only by reviving your energy can you have the strength to deal with things."