Chapter 248 - The Secret of the Inheritance [07]

In the Eldest Uncle Qi's generation, they all have the character An. The meaning of this character is supposed to be good and safe. 

This is probably what every parent hopes for their children. But for Qi Bai'an, this word is a huge irony.

After accidentally dropping a cup, Qi Bai'an did not stay in the hall for long, but found an excuse to go back to his room to rest. 

However, when passing by the back garden, there was a sudden thunder and lightning, and a dazzling white light flashed. At that moment, Qi Bai'an seemed to see a dark figure standing in the garden out of the corner of his eye.

Maybe there was something wrong in his heart, he was suddenly frightened, and with the roar of thunder, he looked out the window with a pale face, as if he wanted to take a closer look. 

But when he looked carefully, the empty garden only contained branches blown by the strong wind, petals falling all over the ground, and an artificial lake where the wind and rain hit the water.

Another bolt of lightning fell. Although it was far away in the sky, it illuminated the entire castle shrouded in clouds and heavy rain for a moment. Qi Bai'an, who was staring blankly at the back garden, his heart that was about to jump out of his throat gradually fell back and his whole body calm down.

Where in the world could this ghost come from? It must have been because of what the young man surnamed Wen said just now, and the emotions in his heart were so high that he was dazzled.

Qi Bai'an comforted himself in this way, and was about to turn around and go back to his room, when suddenly a too cold wind blew by his ears.

Qi Bai'an turned around in shock, but there was no one in the corridor except him, and because of the heavy rain, all the windows were closed. Qi Bai'an's back was soaked with sweat at some point. 

Looking at the long corridor in front of him and the wall lamps that were bright but dim because they were too old, his whole body was so stiff that he couldn't even lift his feet.

He had never known that his heart could beat so violently, and the beating sound could even fill his eardrums. Even on that murderous rainy night, he had never been so panicked.

After a while, the corridor was still the same corridor. Although the wind and rain outside continued unabated, the closed doors and windows gave people a sense of security. 

Observing the surroundings carefully, nothing had changed. It was as if the black shadow and the palpitations just now were all an illusion. 

Qi Bai'an, whose hands and feet were cold, gradually recovered his body temperature. His panicked heart became colder, and his eyes even turned towards the artificial lake with hatred.

He is not even afraid of living people, so how could he be afraid of a dead person? It must be that he has cultivated his character over the years, which has made him soft-hearted.

Qi Bai'an straightened his clothes, no longer as weak as before, and walked towards his room with a cold face.

When Qi Bai'an's back turned from the corridor, the wall lamp where he was just now flashed slightly, and the light that was not bright was extinguished. 

A dark figure stood at the corner of the stairs at the other end of the corridor, stubborn and twisted. He looked at the direction where Qi Bai'an was leaving.

-

Until dinner, Second Aunt Qi didn't come back. She couldn't be found in the entire castle, even the winery was searched. They finally realized at this time that something must have happened to Second Aunt Qi.