Chapter 257 - Love Shackles [06]

When Yan Qing woke up, he couldn't tell for a moment whether he was Yan Qing or Zhou Meng.

Along with this dream, many things that he had deliberately forgotten and sealed emerged uncontrollably. 

He likes Zhou Meng, perhaps more than he thought, because Zhou Meng can be said to be his entire youth.

A country boy came to this prosperous and unfamiliar city for the first time. Even if he looks good and washes himself clean every day, the shabby clothes and the accent that cannot be changed in a short time seem to have become the original sin of being excluded, despised, and even isolated.

No one played with him, and no one was in a group with him for class practice. When he answered questions in class, the whole class burst into laughter as soon as he opened his mouth. 

For a child who was only 10 years old, this was really an indelible darkness in his memory. No matter how smartly he dresses now, he can't hide the inferiority in his bones that was created in the past. 

Being blocked in an alley and threatened, having his meager lunch money taken away from him, and being so hungry that his whole body felt weak and his stomach ached.

The one who ended all this was Zhou Meng. He was like a hero descending from the sky. He beat away the bad guys and protected him when he went to and from school. 

He was obviously a child not much older than him, but he could already handle things like an adult. It was as if he had gone to the world he longed for but could not go to for the time being, which filled him with interest and admiration.

For a period of time, Yan Qing even thought about what it would be like if his family had a smooth life. 

If his father hadn't lost his job because of a scheme by his friends, and his mother hadn't emptied the entire family because of illness. If there weren't those relatives who were praising them before and who ridiculed them after. 

Just like other ordinary people in this city, commuting to and from work, living an ordinary life.

If there were no accidents in Zhou Meng's first project, and he might not make much money, but as he accumulates abilities bit by bit, his life will be completely different.

It's a pity that there is no if in this world.

That night, when he came back from school, he saw a lot of blood under the streetlight where Zhou Meng often waited for him. The community was surrounded by security guards and police.

It was said that a murder had occurred, but the body had been taken away. At that moment, he could only felt like his heart suddenly felt empty. He felt at a loss as if wanted to cry but couldn't.

The next day, many people in the school were talking about the murder that happened in their city and even around them.

Yan Qing didn't even know how he spent that day. Zhou Meng was dead. The pool of blood he saw yesterday was Zhou Meng's. 

When he thought of this, he felt like he could hardly breathe. But what could he do? He couldn't even go to the police station to collect Zhou Meng's body.

From then on, he sealed this name in his memory, completely put aside the past, and fought for what he wanted with extremely clear goals.

He thought that as long as he didn't touch it, some things would slowly fade away over time, but in fact, time would only carve some things deeper, almost to the bone.

-

After Wen Ran saw Yan Qing wake up, he saw his face went from confusion to sadness overflowing bit by bit, until he couldn't help crying.