Chapter 232 - Hungry Ghost [02]

Xu Qian was officially promoted to the special department not long ago. 

Because of an incident with a female ghost he encountered before, his soul and body were separated by an accident. After that, his Heavenly Eye were opened. 

It is not difficult to close the eyes caused by this accident, but Xu Qian Qian felt that having this Heavenly Eye would be more beneficial to his work, so he kept it open. 

Then, because he encountered some supernatural events again and again, and because he had the Heavenly Eye, he went through a period of numerous political reviews and inspections. Only then was he promoted.

After being promoted, Xu Qian completely entered a completely unfamiliar world, and the things he came into contact with made his already subverted world view subvert again. 

Not long ago, they even captured an animal that can cultivate! Seeing ghosts is no longer a big deal, but now there are monsters!

At that time, he contacted Wen Ran in great surprise, but Wen Ran told him that those animals could only have some spiritual intelligence at most and were not monsters. Without great luck, these animals would only possess some spiritual intelligence until they died. Wanting to transform is no easier than a monk going through a tribulation and ascending.

But no matter what, after entering a new department, he was very busy every day.

Just a few days ago, they received another case. The coffin mushrooms purchased by the Zhang family for 30 million yuan disappeared. 

The search for valuable lost items should have been handled by the ordinary police, but coffin mushrooms are not ordinary things. 

All people who have been in contact with coffin mushrooms are now quarantined in the hospital because they all have corpse rash on their bodies. Once the virulence of the infection spreads, it's hard to imagine what the consequences will be.

Under their interrogation, Zhang Hongyu, the eldest grandson of the Zhang family, admitted that he had stolen the coffin mushrooms. 

He didn't committed the crime himself, he found a group of people to take the coffin mushrooms away, and planned to store some of them until the limelight had passed. Then look for opportunities to take them abroad for sale. 

It is said that some foreign collectors are very obsessed with these naturally grown coffin mushrooms and are willing to pay very high prices to buy them.

Regarding Zhang Hongyu's statement, Xu Qian and others are still skeptical. 

The value of the Zhang family is at least tens of billions. As one of the top venture capital companies in the country, it cannot be said that the most indispensable thing is money, but their family is indeed not short of money. 

The 30 million coffin mushrooms would only be sold abroad for 50 million, which is not worth keeping and stealing.

In the end, Zhang Hongyu could not withstand the pressure of interrogation. After all, this is not an ordinary police. It was a special department with some privileges. Zhang Hongyu was not old, only 25 or 26 years old. He had not experienced much and his mentality was not good enough.

He was not stealing for money, but because his grandfather, who is the leader of the Zhang family, got sick and found a powerful master to cure him. The most important medicine was the naturally grown coffin mushroom. 

After asking around for nearly a year, he found out that a collector had coffin mushrooms in his hands. He came to the door several times and expressed his willingness to buy them at a high price.