Chapter 97

You quickly changed into your running gear and started running without any clear plan. You didn't know where you were headed, how long you'd been running, or when you'd stop. Eventually, your legs gave out, and you slid down on the ground, too tired to keep going. You felt stupid for letting Lando in again, especially after all those times he proved he wasn't worth it.

No, wait, fuck that. You weren't even going to think about him. How could you feel anything about anyone if you weren't thinking about that person? You were just living in the past for a few days, it had been a gift and nothing more. It was time to get back to your reality, one without a certain curly headed man.

-

After a well deserved shower you place yourself in one of the seats on the deserted garden dinner table. You yet again get lost inside your book, loving the reality escape. You were just about to turn over a page when you noticed Charles putting a bowl in front of you. You close your book and see it's one of his famous smoothie bowls.

Yn: Is that for me?

Charles: You haven't eaten anything this whole day Bells.

Yn: I-

Charles: Don't try to deny it, I know you.

Yn: I know you do Charlie I was just trying to thank you.

He laughed at you, something that made your heart a little more full.

Yn: Is it-

Charles: Mango, yes, of course.

He finished your question without you even having to ask it.

Yn: Thanks.

You finish the bowl in less than ten minutes, after which you look up again.

Charles: How come you forgot to eat?

Yn: I didn't have the best morning.

Charles: I heard.

Yn: I'm glad you got home safe last night.

Charles: I'm glad you got home safe this morning.

Yn: I was just going for a run.

Charles: You went running for hours?

Yn: As I said, rough morning.

He seemed to consider what to say next, after which he spoke again.

Charles: Well, your legs must be dead after such a long run.

Yn: Oh believe me they are. You're probably going to have to carry me out of this chair.

Charles: Deal.

Both your laughs fading into the open air, you remembered why you had been in love with Charles.

-

It was just after dinner when you and Kika were getting dressed for a casual game night.

Kika: Babe of course you're going to drink shots, don't even think about arguing with me.

Yn: Kieks it's a game night, who drinks shots during game night.

Kika: I do, and so will you.

Yn: We should just play games.

Kika: You know what makes games more exciting?

You roll your eyes, deciding on hearing her out anyways.

Yn: Do tell Fran.

Kika: Shots Bella.