Chapter 72

Yn: Well why are you here?

Lando: Why didn't you come home last night?

Yn: I'm not sure how that's any of your business.

Lando: I know that alright, no need to rub it in.

Yn: No need to rub it in? How about you rubbing it in my face yesterday huh?

Lando: I'm so sorry about that, I never meant for you to see that.

Yn: No you just meant to do it behind my back.

Lando: I meant to do it because you're driving me mad.

Yn: Don't raise your voice at me.

Lando: I'm sorry. It's just that seeing you with Charles is making me want to peel off my own skin. I can't bear the sight of you with him.

Yn: I'm not with Charles.

Lando: That's not what yesterday's Instagram post suggested.

Yn: I'm not doing this again, just leave.

Lando: I asked Max to take me to your place to apologise. I really was sorry about last night.

Yn: Was?

Lando: Until you weren't here and it became obvious you didn't come home last night. Where were you?

Yn: I was with Charles.

Lando: So there is something going on between you?

Yn: No there is not, but I'm done defending myself. You've hurt me too damn much, please leave.

You hear the door open and see Charles walking in.

Charles: What's taking you so long Bells- oh, good morning Lando..?

His question was aimed at you.

Yn: It was just as much as a surprise for me too, Max is on the balcony by the way.

Charles: Is he bothering you?

Lando: I'm not bothering her.

Charles: Did you get her permission to be in here?

Lando: Well, no.

Charles: Then you're bothering her. Leave.

Lando: Or what?

This was getting out of hand.

Charles: Or I'll make you.

Lando looks at you.

Lando: Since when do you let anyone make decisions for you?

Yn: Lan, please, leave.

The 'Lan' was out before you knew it. His features softened at hearing you call him that.

Lando: Charles, I'm not bothering her, just give me one minute and then I'll leave.

Charles looks at you and you nod in agreement, so he walks away towards the balcony where Max was still waiting.

Lando: Please, don't make me leave.

Yn: I can't do this toxicity anymore Lan, it's killing me.

Tears are welling up in your eyes and you see them welling up in Lando's eyes as well.

Lando: But I love you.

His voice was soft.

Yn: Sometimes, love isn't enough.

He didn't say anything as tears ran down his cheeks. He just stepped, gently, towards you and placed a kiss on your forehead.

Lando: If I knew this was how it would end I'd write our story again, baby.

That's when he stepped away and walked through the door. Before you knew it, he was gone. You just stood there not knowing what just happened when you heard the doors to the balcony open.

Max: Are you okay?

You weren't planning on showing them emotion, last night had been too draining for that.

Yn: Yes, it's just too early for this.

Max: I'm sorry for bothering you, he was begging me.

Yn: It's fine, but don't use your spare key for things like this again. Just text or call me, okay?

Max: I will. Have a great day you two.

Charles: Thanks, mate.

Max smiled at you and then also walked through the door.

Charles: What was that about?

Yn: We had a fight yesterday.

Charles: Are you two still involved?

Yn: No, we haven't been for a while. Just a stupid fight, must've been the alcohol or something.

Charles: Good, I was getting worried I might have competition.

Now your suspicions were confirmed, Charles might like to see you as more than a friend. But maybe, that wasn't such a bad thing. You roll your eyes at him to dismiss his comment as a joke.

Yn: Let me just get changed and we'll go, alright?

Charles: C'est bien, Bells.