Chapter 15

You follow Max to his car.

Max: So, why are you at the track? I thought you weren't interested in formula 1?

Yn: Well, I wasn't interested in formula 1. But I was interested in the marketing job Mclaren offered me. (you smile)

Max: Really? That's amazing yn!

Yn: Yeah it kind of is.

Max: So you will have to come to every race and every event for work?

Yn: Well, yes. I haven't thought about it like that, but it looks like I will be traveling a lot.

Max: Then I guess I'll be able to see you more.

You sigh and say: Yeah, I guess so.

You're both in the car but Max isn't leaving.

Max: I'm so sorry for what happened all those years ago.

Yn: Don't. Just don't Max.

Max: Yn please we never had the chance to talk.You moved away from the Netherlands, all the way to Australia.

Yn: There was nothing to talk about Max. You kissed her while we were together for more than 4 years.

I might have been a kid when I met you, but I was an adult when you kissed her.

Max: Yn I loved you with all of my heart. You leaving broke my heart. I missed you every single day.

I promise she was the one who kissed me. When I realized what was going on I pushed her away.

Yn: The photos the media took said otherwise, Max.

Max: Those pictures were already taken before I realized what was going on. I never wanted her, I only wanted you.

You keep quiet.

Yn: Can you just please drive me back to the hotel?

Max: Yeah I will.

Max starts driving you to the hotel. When you arrive he parks the car.

Max: Can we be okay? I never ever meant for her to kiss me.

You look at him. You can see he truly means it. His eyes are watery, and so are yours.

Yn: Yeah I will, I missed talking to my best friend.

Max jumps at you and hugs you.

Max: I missed talking to my best friend too.

You get out of the car. Max rolls down the window.

Yn: Good luck with the race tomorrow. You did great during qualifying.

Max: So you did look at how I performed? (he winks)

Yn: Well I couldn't miss you on the track, pole position Max. That's amazing.

Max: I'll try to win for you tomorrow, for old times sake. I do expect a congratulation.

Yn: Don't you worry, I'll find you after the race.

Max: I'm looking forward to it! Will you go to the drivers dinner after?

Yn: Yes I will, I'll see you there.

Max: Have a great evening yn.

Max drives away and you get inside the hotel, to your hotel room.