Chapter 81

Charles pov:

Max: Did you really Charles?

Max pushed him backwards and he almost lost his balance.

Charles: What the hell Max?

Max: You told me you would be good for her.

Charles: I am.

Max: Right so you just took those letters, read them, and decided to just not give them to her. HOW IS THAT BEING GOOD FOR HER?

Shit. How did Max- wait- did she know?

Charles: I just wanted to protect her from any more pain.

Max: That was not your decision to make! It's just selfish.

Panic started to rise in his chest.

Charles: Where is she?

Max: Far away from you, luckily.

Suddenly, Max turned and walked towards the exit.

Charles: Where are you going?

Max: I'm going to look for her.

Charles: Let me come with you.

Max: Not a chance, go home Leclerc.

Before he knew it, Max was gone. He grabs his coat when he notices that not only Max, but also Lando is already gone. Shit. What if Lando found her before he did?

When he got home he ran through his apartment hoping to find her somewhere, but his attempt was in vain. She was gone. On the kitchen counter he found a note that she wrote; "I know". He opened up his sock drawer, and his suspicions were confirmed. She'd found the letters.

Merde.

-

He was out all night, trying to find her. She wasn't in her own apartment, she wasn't at Maxs', she wasn't at her favourite take-away restaurant. She was simply nowhere to be found. After hours of trying to find her, he finally gave up and went back home.

Maybe hiding the letters had been a mistake. And maybe that mistake was going to cost him the love of his life. He knew he was in the wrong, hiding those letters from her, but he hoped she could forgive him.

Love makes you foolish. It makes you throw every bit of logic away. It makes you do stupid things. She must understand that, right? He did it all for love. 

He did it all for her