Chapter 34

You all decided to go to a small local place and you just got your drinks.

Charles: When George said we were heading out for drinks I was thinking shots or something, but coffee sounds even better.

Yn: Well I really felt like a big cup of coffee.

George: I was thinking shots as well mate, but coffee might be the smarter option.

You all laugh.

Lando: With age comes wisdom, right George?

George: I suppose so.

Lando gives you a quick look and decides to grab your hand lying on the table.

Charles chokes on his coffee.

George: Hold on, did we miss something?

Charles: Are you guys dating?

You blush and look down at your coffee. Lando squeezes your hand.

Lando: We are, yes.

Charles: That's great, congrats.

George: Does the team approve?

Lando: They're okay with it, as long as we both keep doing our jobs.

Charles: Does Max know?

Yn: Not yet, you're the first ones we told. I'll tell him later.

George: We're happy for you.

After a while you decide to get back to the hotel. Tomorrow is qualifying so you all need a good night's rest.

You and Lando both head back to your own room.

You take a shower and put some chill clothes on.

You check your phone and see Lando posted a picture of you two in the paddock.

He didn't ask if you were okay with it, but you suppose word would spread fast after you told Charles and George.

There's a knock on the door, you walk towards it still smiling at the picture.

You open the door and you see Max. Your butterflies die quickly.

Sh*t. You didn't get the chance to tell Max in person before Lando told the whole word.