Chapter 38

You put the black box Max left in your suitcase.

Today was raceday. You still hadn't spoken to Lando after everything that happened.

You really needed to tell Lando that you pushed Max away after he kissed you, and that you didn't want to be with Max.

Oh how it must look from his perspective. A photo of her and Max kissing, and later walking through the paddock together.

She pushed him away, Lando had to know that's what happened.

You were going to tell him after the race.

You walk out the door when you see Max leaving his room as well, the universe really had to cut her some slack.

Neither of you speaks, you walk towards the elevator.

You are about to say something to him when your phone rings. You pick up the phone.

Yn: Hello. Yes, this is her.

Max looks at you with questioning eyes.

Yn: No, that can't be.

Your voice falters, Maxs' eyes change into worried ones.

You drop to the floor and start crying, hard.

Max: Yn, I need you to calm down...

Yn: No no no, I can't, I can't, I can't.

Yn: It hurts, it hurts just make it stop please make it stop it hurts.

Max also drops to the ground and sits down next to you.

You rest your head on his shoulder, and cry. You don't know how long you sat there.

Max didn't ask any questions. He just sat next to you, and that was something you appreciated immensely.

After what felt like hours, Max finally spoke up.

Max: Shall I bring you back to your room?

Yn: No...

Your throat is dry and your voice hoarse. It must be from all the crying.

Yn: I have to go to work.

Max: You can't.

Yn: I have to, it's race day Max. You of all people should understand.

Max: What happened?

Yn: I don't want to talk about it.

Max: Well then, let me atleast drive you.

You get to your feet and let Max drive you to the track.