Chapter 75

Charles pov:

The morning after the most amazing day of his life, he'd finally kissed her, he walks through her door. She'd given him a key to her apartment, so he could come early and use her personal gym without waking her up. His own was currently getting refurbished, so he couldn't use it. And well, a public gym wasn't an option as well for obvious reasons.

As he closes the door he sees a white envelope laying on the ground. He picked it up and placed it on her kitchen counter. When he shut the door the wind blew the envelope on the ground. It wasn't sealed, because whatever was inside fell out of it. When he picked it up to put it back he saw someone wrote it by hand, which meant it was personal. He knew he shouldn't have, but he opened the letter and started reading.

Dear Yn,

I remember when I first saw you in that elevator. You were wearing a Mercedes shirt, and you didn't know who I was. It felt like time stopped, and everything else didn't matter. Since that moment, my heart has belonged to you, and it still does. Every beat of my heart is filled with a love that knows no limits.

Looking back on our time together, I see the mistakes I made and how immature I was. I regret what I did and the pain I caused you. Being with Lily that night was a foolish mistake, and I wish I could undo it with all my heart.

You told me that sometimes love isn't enough. Your words made me realise the reality of our situation, and it weighed heavily on me. I wanted to make you see that our love was worth fighting for and make you change your mind. But you were right, Yn. Love alone can't fix everything that's broken.

Today, I made a promise to myself to become more mature and responsible. I admit my faults and the mistakes I made, and I promise to learn from them. I owe it to you and to myself to grow and become the person you deserve. I don't want to bring more pain into your life, Yn, and I know that seeing you might make me hopeful again. So, I'm choosing to write this letter instead, even if it seems like I'm being a bit cowardly.

Yn, you have been the love of my life, and I will always treasure the moments we shared. Even though our story ends here, it will always have a special place in my heart. I only want your happiness, even if it means letting you go and being with Charles. I hope you find the love and joy you deserve with someone who can give you the stability and happiness that I couldn't provide.

If there ever comes a time when you can forgive me and think about a future together, please know that I'll be here. You truly are one of a kind, and I wish I would've cherished that sooner. I would marry you anytime and anywhere, even if I have to wait for years. Even if you never come back, I'll always be waiting for you.

Please remember that I will always love you, Yn. You'll always be a part of me. Goodbye, my love.

With love and deep regrets,

Lando

So, there was something going on between them. In fact, it sounded as if it had been a whole lot more than something. She once told him that something happened between them, but never asked her to elaborate. She'd just quit her job and it wasn't his place to pry. He never would've guessed it had been this serious. They probably never told anyone because she was his personal assistant.

He knows he should have, but he didn't put the letter back in the envelope. Instead, he tossed away the envelope and put the letter into his pocket. Lando had his chance and he was not about to ruin this for him.

He walks to her gym, getting ready for his workout. When she wakes up an hour later, he doesn't give her the letter. In fact, he wasn't planning on ever giving it to her.