Chapter 54

Lando's third free practice went well. He just got out of the shower and was wearing a sweater of yours, again.

Yn: You should start wearing your own sweaters for a change.

Lando: I would but yours are just so comfortable.

You roll your eyes and laugh at him. He smiles back at you, your stomach makes a backflip. He brings his lips to your ears.

Lando whispers: If you don't like it, you can take it off...

You blush, not knowing what to do because you were still in the paddock.

You whisper: You can't say such things to me while we're at work Lan.

Lando: Watch me.

You blush again.

Yn: I should head back to the hotel.

Lando: I'm driving you.

Yn: No you won't, I know how to drive a car.

Lando: Fine, then you drive me. We're staying at the same hotel anyways.

For a moment you really don't know what to say. This man really did still amaze you everyday.

Yn: Fine, I'll let you drive back with me. But I'm behind the wheel.

Lando gives you a daring smirk.

Lando: Wouldn't have it any other way.

You drive Lando back to the hotel while talking about your day.

Lando: How do you feel about Max announcing your break up?

You weren't sure how to feel about it. It's good that the public knew you weren't together anymore, but Max not knowing the whole truth made you feel uncomfortable.

Yn: Fine.

Lando: Really? That's why you rushed out of the press conference?

You don't know what to tell him, because he kind of was the reason why you felt like this.

Lando: Talk to me...

You sigh and look at him for a moment before you focus on the road again.

Yn: I'm not ready to talk about it just yet, if that's okay?

Lando: Yeah sure, just let me know when you are.

You get out of the car and head inside the hotel.

Yn: Make sure you get some sleep, you have to be on top of your game for the qualification tomorrow.

He gently strokes a strand of hair behind your ear.

Lando: Sleep well, princess.

Yn: Good night, I'll see you tomorrow.

Lando: I'll pick you up at 8.

Yn: How very romantic of you to pick me up before heading to work.

Lando: Well you know me, I am very romantic.

Back in your room you decide to take a very long shower and change into sweats. You open your phone and see you've missed a call from Charles. He left you a voicemail. When you go to your voicemails your heart drops. There, beneath the voicemail from Charles, reads the homenumber of your parents house. You sit up straight, take a deep breath and click on the play button.

"Hey honey, we can't wait to see you again next week"

It was your moms voice.

"yes your mom missed you pumpkin'

Your dad always used to call you pumpkin.

"stop joking around, you've missed her just as much as I have''

Oh how you've missed those voices...

"she knows I was kidding, of course i missed you pumpkin. See you soon"

See you soon, dad.

That night you cry yourself to sleep, not being able to bear the pain. You could only hope that the sunrise would come soon, so you could find comfort in the daylight.