Chapter 84: flashforwards

*One month later, Juli 2024*

In the charming coastal town of Rovinj, Croatia, you found yourself enjoying a summer getaway with Max and Kelly. Tomorrow both Lando and Charles, as well as Pierre and Kika, would join the vacation as they had asked you to be a part of it. You weren't sure how to say no, so you'd agreed. Even though you hadn't spoken to either Lando or Charles over the last month, you were hoping it was going to be fine.

As you strolled through the morning market, the vibrant colours and bustling atmosphere offered a welcome distraction. The scent of fresh produce and the sound of lively conversations filled the air, momentarily allowing you to escape the weight of your thoughts. You found a quiet spot near the waterfront, where you could sit and observe the boats swaying gently in the clear blue sea. The sun's rays kissed your skin, its warmth embracing you in its golden embrace.

It would be fine, it was going to be fun.

*One day later, Juli 2024*

Max: They're here!

Yn: Yes I heard the doorbell Max. But I am far too comfortable in the hammock. Besides, I'm in the middle of a chapter.

Max: Fine I'll just open the door then.

Yn: How wonderful that you're able to use your hands.

Max: Do you want to get thrown into the pool?

Yn: Just kidding.

Truth be told, you didn't know how to face either Charles or Lando, so you just chose to not face them for now. You overheard Max letting them in. Kelly was currently getting some groceries, so she wasn't here right now. You had talked to Kika before, but you planned to get to know her better this holiday. You heard them stepping outside, probably to greet you.

Pierre: Where's Bells?

Really, why did people keep using this nickname? You raise your hand above the hammock so they can see you without you seeing them.

Yn: I'm here.

Charles: You've managed to make yourself comfortable here, by the looks of it.

Yn: Hmh.

Well, that was one way to avoid conversation. Luckily, Max came to the rescue.

Max: She's reading, and you know how she gets when she's reading.

Lando: Yeah, let's not interrupt her then.

A painful silence fell. Max had meant the remark towards Charles, but Lando had felt addressed. Maybe this holiday wouldn't be problem-free after all.

Lando: Well, I'm going to claim the biggest room.

Kika: Not if Pierre and I are first.

You heard some people running away, after which Max followed them. You and Charles both had to laugh at the absurdity of this scene.

Charles: So you're not reading that intensively either.

You chose to sit up straight in the hammock and face Charles. There was no way of avoiding him now anyways.

Yn: Well, this conversation was much more interesting than what I was reading.

Charles: I can imagine, what are you reading?

His question gave you a weird sense of deja-vu.

Yn: This thing here is called a book, Charles.

Charles: Ha, Ha. Aren't you funny.

Yn: You know I am.

That came out more flirty than you intended.

Charles: I should go unpack. Maybe we could go for a swim later today?

Yn: Yeah sure, we can all go.

Charles: Whatever you say, Bells.

Later that day, after lunch, you all decide to go swimming. In the garden of the villa was a large swimming pool. And if you walked down the garden, there was a small private beach there with a beautiful stretch of sea. During lunch you had talked a lot with Kika, so as to also avoid having to talk to Lando or Charles.

You and Kika had decided to go snorkelling because apparently there would be a nice reef in your stretch of sea. As you're walking towards the sea, leaving the boys and Kelly behind on the towels, you ask her about the room situation.

Yn: Which room did you guys pick?

Kika: We managed to get the one next to Kelly and Maxs'.

Yn: Great cause that's the biggest one after theirs and mine.

Kika: Well they can't say no to a girl.

Yn: Well played.

Kika: But that's not why you're asking, are you?

You blush and look at your feet.

Kika: Don't worry girl, I'm not here to judge. I can see why they're both into you. You're gorgeous.

Yn: Thank you, you're very pretty as well.

Kika: Lando's claimed the room next to yours, while Charles was last to pick a room so he has the one on our side of the villa.

Yn: Thanks, good to know.

Kika: Now, let's go snorkelling?