Chapter 49

Lando's pov:

When he opens his eyes he looks at a different ceiling then his own. He looks next to him, and there she is. Her hair scattered all over the pillow, her hand holding his. It felt like he was dreaming. But then her alarm went off. Not wanting to disturb her, he tried to lean over her to turn it off. He tried but he couldn't get the damn thing to stop ringing.

Yn: Good morning to you too.

Her muffled voice beneath him made him laugh.

Lando: Yes well I can't get this damn thing to stop ringing.

She laughed. His chest filled with warmth being able to make her laugh.

Yn: If you get off me I can turn it off.
He got off her so she could finally turn off that damn alarm clock. She looks at him.

Yn: So the great Lando Norris, formula one driver for McLaren, isn't able to turn off an alarm. That's definitely interesting.

Lando: Oh shut up I almost got it.

She giggled.

Yn: I need a shower before going to work.

She got out of bed and got into the bathroom, she didn't lock the door. He didn't know what to do. She didn't invite him to join, but she also didn't not invite him to join.

Yn: You coming?

He smiled to himself, that was his invite.

He got underneath the shower with her, she had suspiciously many kinds of soap.

Lando: How many soaps do you use?

He looked at her quite seriously.

Yn: Not that much.

Lando: Yeah right, Mrs. soap.

She rolled her eyes at him in a teasing way.

Yn: Well aren't you funny.

Lando: Very, actually.

Then he took her face in his hands, kissing her lips.

She smiled at him, it made him truly happy.

Yn: Okay maybe a little.

He looked at all her soaps again, wondering which one to use to wash himself with. He guessed for a green bottle, wrong guess as she gave him a disapproving look. He tried again, going for a blue bottle. Apparently that was not a good guess either, because she snatched the bottle from his hands and handed him a white one. She laughs at him.

Yn: Seriously Norris, you can't even pick up the right soap.

Lando: Hey it's not my fault you have about 500 different kinds to choose from, you definitely have a separate suitcase for all this soap.

She was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. She turned off the shower.

Max: It's me, can you open the door?

She paled, panic starting to show on her face.

Yn: Just a moment.

She hastily puts on a big white shirt, his shirt, and sports shorts.

She whispers: Stay in here, get dressed and be quiet.

Lando, whispering as well: You can't seriously open the door for him.

He puts on his underwear and sweatpants.

Yn: I can't just not let him in.

She puts her index finger to her lips, asking him to please be quiet. She closes the bathroom door and he hears her opening the door for Max.

Max: What took you so long?

Yn: I was in the shower, so I had to get dressed before opening the door.

Max: Well no need to get dressed for me.

He felt sick, seriously Max, jokes after that argument last night?

Yn: Why are you here? I need to get to work and you do too.

Max: I tried to call you all night, but you didn't answer.

Yn: Oh, right, sorry. I, eh, threw my phone away after the argument. I don't think it works anymore.

His mind wandered to last night. He'd said he loved her, and she said it back.

Max: I came to apologize about last night. You're right, I'm supposed to be happy for you. I'm sorry for only seeing that now.

He heard a silence, she apparently didn't know what to say.

Yn: Max, we shouldn't be together if we can't be happy for each other's achievements, you know that.

Max: But I am happy for you, it just took me some time to process.

Yn: Max... It doesn't work like that. We don't work.

Max: Don't say that baby...

He felt his stomach twisting, he dared call her baby after what he did last night.

Max: I am so proud of you, and I want to be with you and marry you.

Oh this was so fucked up. Here he was, in her bathroom, listening to the love of his life and her fiance, talking about marriage. But she can't marry him he thought, she just can't.

Yn: I need some time to think about all of this Max, and I also need to get to work so will you please leave?

Max: Yes of course, I'll give you all the time you need.

Yn: Thanks...

Max: Can I still drive you to the track today? I won't make you talk to me, but let me just drive you?

It was silent for a moment, he pictured her considering his offer.

Yn: Yeah sure, just let me get properly dressed and we'll head out to the track.

He had to restrain himself from saying anything about it. Surely she couldn't just ride along with Max after the night they had just had?

After a few minutes she got into the bathroom, clothed in jeans, his white shirt and a blazer. She carefully closed the door.

He silently looked at her putting on some make-up and brushing her hair. She looked at him. "I'm sorry" she mouthed silently. She was about to head out of the bathroom when he grabbed her hand, she turned around and looked at him.

He gave her a kiss on the cheek, she blushed, looked at him one last time, and closed the door behind her, leaving him behind.

Max: You look really good today.

Yn: Oh only today huh?

Max: You always look good, but today you just kind of- glow?

He heard the door close and their voices faded. There he was, all alone in her room while she was heading to the track with Max. He was right about one thing though, she was definitely glowing today.