Chapter 93

Max: I'll pour you another glass.

Yn: Are you trying to get me drunk?

Max: I haven't been able to get you drunk the whole summer. Everyone should get drunk once during the summer, right Kika?

Kika: I totally agree.

Yn: Fine, give me the glass.

You were all sitting on blankets in the sand, near the bonfire that Max and Kelly had proudly created. The sun had already set, making the temperature pleasant. Lando had taken a place on your blanket, allowing you to feel his warmth.

Lando: Don't let them make you get drunk.

Yn: I might be slightly buzzed, but certainly not drunk, Norris.

Lando: If you say so.

Charles had been eyeing you the whole night but hadn't had a chance to speak to you yet.

Kika: How about a game of truth or dare?

Lando shot you a look that said, "Told you."

Max: I'm in.

Pierre: Me too.

Charles: Really, aren't we too old for that, guys?

Kika: Don't be the party pooper.

Charles: Well, fine then.

Kika: Bells?

Yn: Only if Lando joins as well.

Lando: Fine. Hit me, Kika.

Kika: Truth or dare, Mr. Norris?

Lando: Truth.

Kika: Would you rather be a faceless driver, so no one would know you, or as you are now: a famous driver?

Lando: Easy, faceless. I'm not a sucker for fame. You've got to use your questions better than this, Francisca. What a waste.

Kika: Well, maybe I just really wanted to know this.

Lando: Yeah, right, my turn. Max, truth or dare?

Max: Truth.

Lando: Never doing a race while it's raining again or having rain during all the races to come?

Max: I'd say having rain during all the races to come; it makes it exciting.

Lando: Fair.

Max: Kika, truth or dare?

Kika: Dare, you boring sports junkies.

A mischievous smile took over Max's face.

Max: I dare you to kiss Bella.

Yn: You too with the Bella? God, it isn't even my name.

Kika got up and made her way to you.

Kika: I've always wanted to kiss the prettiest person in this villa.

Pierre: Ouch.

Without being able to have an opinion about this dare, Kika slid her hands into your hair and placed her lips on yours. They were surprisingly soft; she was a good kisser. You put an arm around her waist as she leaned into you. In the background, you heard the boys cheering until Kika pulled away.

Pierre: Not gonna lie, that was hot, Kieks.

Kika: Duh.

Max: Objectively speaking, you guys could become rich-rich doing that.

Your face turned red as you quickly looked at Lando. He had been quiet, but his eyes were speaking for him. If you didn't know better, it looked like he was going to hunt you down and eat you alive.

Kika: You're a good kisser; no wonder all these men can't get you out of their heads.

Trying to be sober about it, you shrugged at them.

Yn: You know I am; we kiss each other goodnight every day.

Pierre spit out his drink while you took a sip of wine yourself.

Kika: Of course we don't, Pierre. God, you're worse at reading sarcasm than you are at reading books.

Lando: Nice one, Francisca.

Kika: You should really stop calling me Francisca. Call me Kika.

Lando: No can't do, Francisca. Your turn.

Kika: Fine, Pierre, truth or dare? Please don't be boring.

Pierre: Dare.

Kika: I dare you to text Yuki, asking: "Who are we kidding, we both know we're more than friends."

Everyone had to laugh, looking at Pierre as he opened his phone.

Pierre: Sent it.

Kika: He'll get the scare of his life.

Pierre: You bet. Bells, truth or dare?

Not wanting to be boring, you went for the bold choice.

Yn: Dare.

You were leaning on your hands behind you. Lando was sitting even closer to you, secretly stroking your hand behind your back. Pierre seemed to be in deep thought. If you didn't know better, you saw Pierre making eye contact with Charles before he spoke.

Pierre: I dare you to kiss Charles.