Chapter 66

Not having to work with Lando anymore, the week went by without drama. On Friday, you got a call from Max.

Max: I haven't seen you in the paddock for days, are you sick or something?

Yn: I might have quit my job.

Max: You did what? But why, you worked so hard to get that job!

Yn: Long story short: I couldn't work with Lando anymore.

Max: So you won't come to qualifying tomorrow?

Yn: I wasn't planning to go.

Max: But you have to be there to support me. Come and watch the race from my garage.

Yn: I don't know...

And you really didn't know, you didn't want to accidentally bump into Lando. But on the other hand, you did want to support Charles and Max, and secretly Lando too.

Max: Please?

Yn: Okay fine, but Sunday I can't watch the race from your garage.

Max: Why not?

Yn: I, um, will be watching the race from the Ferrari garage.

Max: EXCUSE ME MISS YOU ARE GOING TO DO WHAT?

Someone knocked on your door.

Yn: Not now Max, I'll explain it all later.

Max: NO YOU ARE GOI-

Yn: Later Max, byeeeee.

Before Max could protest, you hang up the phone and walk to the door. When you open the door you see Charles standing in the doorway.

Yn: Good evening Charles, did we have plans I forgot?

Charles: Hi, no we didn't have any. I was in the neighbourhood and wondered how you were doing after Monday night?

Yn: I'm managing.

Charles: Have you had any nightmares?

Yn: I did, but not as bad as the one on Monday night.

Charles: Do you have any plans tonight?

Yn: No, why?

Charles: How about a movie?

Yn: Yeah sure, come on in.

After grabbing a glass of water for Charles and yourself, you choose a movie together. After less than five minutes, you put the film on pause.

Yn: To be perfectly honest, I don't feel like watching a film at all.

Charles laughs and shakes his head.

Charles: You could have said no.

Yn: I can't say no to you.

You look into his eyes and feel the tension rising. He raised his hand to tuck a piece of hair behind your ears but seemed to have changed his mind. You hadn't thought about you and Charles as more than friends until now.

Charles: I would love it if you watched qualifying tomorrow from my garage.

His voice was soft and quiet.

Yn: Oh sorry I can't, I've just promised Max that I will watch from the RedBull garage.

Charles: But you are watching the race from my garage on Sunday, right?

Yn: Yes of course I will.

Charles: You'd better.