Chapter 88

Lando's pov:
He woke up because he heard a scream. He checked his alarm clock and saw that it was around 4am. He got out of bed quickly and almost ran to her room. Maybe she had a bad dream? Does she still have those? When he went into her room, she was already sitting up in bed, crying. He sat down beside her, not sure what else to do or say.
Yn: Please, leave.

She and Charles left the club together, or at least that's what Kika had told him. But when he got back home, he saw that they weren't together. Both of them had gone to their own rooms. Why did she want him to leave? She seemed perfectly okay with him before they went out. If it wasn't because of Charles, what could have changed?

Lando: Why?
Yn: Because I don't want you to go, which is exactly why you should.
She was still in tears, and while it flattered him in some twisted way, it also hurt. She must have noticed his confusion, because she explained further.
Yn: Every time I let you get close, you end up causing me pain.
She shrugged, attempting to downplay her words, but he knew she had a valid point.
Lando: I understand that, but I've changed.
Yn: Have you? Standing us, and therefore me, up for some random girl at the club, and not even bothering to rejoin us later?
Lando: She's not just some random girl, muppet.
Yn: I wouldn't say that makes things any better; if anything, it makes it worse.

Did she really think he stood her up for another girl tonight? She had every right to think that way, after what you've shown her in the past.

Lando: That's not how things went down tonight at all.
She arched an eyebrow at him, her eyes still reddened from crying.
Yn: Then do enlighten me on what did happen.
Lando: I was heading inside when I unexpectedly ran into my publisher.
She knitted her eyebrows together, clearly pondering.
Yn: Your... publisher?
Lando: Yes.
He felt a touch of nervousness as the conversation took an unexpected turn. He hadn't intended to reveal it like this.
Yn: Why do you need a publisher?
Lando: She's the one publishing my book.
She fell silent for a moment, likely struggling to keep up with this unexpected revelation.
Yn: Your book?
Lando: My book.
A smile gradually spread across her face.
Yn: You wrote a book?
Lando: Indeed, I did.
Yn: You're a writer?
Lando: I am indeed a writer.
Yn: Since when?
Lando: Since you ended things between us.
Yn: What's the book about?
He chuckled at her straightforwardness, her tears now a distant memory as she grinned at him.
Lando: Well, wouldn't you like to find out?
She gave him an indignant look, as if he had committed the gravest offence.
Yn: Mr. Norris, you can't just drop the bomb that you've written a book and then keep me in the dark about it.
Lando: You might have a valid point.
Even though he knew he didn't deserve her warmth, she bestowed another smile upon him. She grabbed her pillow and playfully swatted it at his face.
Yn: You better spill the beans before I smother you with this pillow.
Lando: You'd never do that.
He offered her a playful smile in return.
Yn: Don't test me, Lan. I just might.
Summoning his courage, he finally broached the topic he had been hesitating to reveal.
Lando: The book, well, it's about you.