Chapter 47

Lando's pov:

She was going to be his PA, and he loved it. They could finally spend so much time together, every day of every race week.

When he gets into his room Lily is already sitting on the bed. He knew what he needed to do.

Lily: Hi munchkin, there you are.

Lando: I'm sorry, but you have to leave.

Lily: What are you talking about?

Lando: Lily, I'm sorry, but I'm in love with somebody else, so you should leave.

Lily: It's her, isn't it?

She didn't have to say the name for him to know who she meant.

Lando: Yes, I still love her. Always have, always will. So please, leave.

Lily grabs her stuff and runs out of his room, crying. He couldn't bring himself to care. He felt relieved.

After a shower and a movie in comfy clothes he still couldn't sleep.

He needed to fight for her, to be there for her after everything that happened to her.

Most of all, he needed her to be happy. She told him that she loves Max.

He was so afraid that her being happy meant her being with Max. He wondered if she was happy now, without him.

He didn't know what to do so he just got out of his room into the lobby. It was late, so it was almost empty.

He takes place at a table in the corner, hidden but with a view over the courtyard.

Waitress: Can I get you anything?

Lando: A hot chocolate, please.

He was just taking a sip from his hot chocolate, which by the way burned his tongue thank you very much, when someone walked into the courtyard.

It was her, she was talking on the phone with someone.

Yn: Well I am going to be his personal assistant, so deal with it damn it.

His heart started beating faster, this phone call was about him.

Yn: You should be happy for me Max, it's a huge step up. If I do this right I'll be able to find a job anywhere in Formula one.

So, she was on the phone with Max, and it sounded as if they were fighting.

Yn: Damn it Max you don't understand because you're the golden boy of formula one. You already secured your place in F1 while I still have to secure my place in this world, don't you understand that?

Why were they arguing, wasn't Max happy for her?

Yn: And even if you weren't formula one's golden boy, you should be happy for me as my fiance! This job is a big deal. Out of all the people that want this job it got offered to me, me Max!

He suddenly felt sorry for her. Max wasn't happy for her, even though he should be. She started crying.

Yn: Well if you can't trust me and be happy for me, maybe we shouldn't be engaged. I liked you more as my friend... I don't even recognise you right now.

She hung up, threw her phone away, and started crying even harder. He felt as if he wasn't supposed to see her like this, no one was. But he couldn't just unsee her.

Before he decided whether he should stay put or go back to his room, she started walking inside.

He didn't want to invade her space, so he was already getting up to leave when she noticed him. For a moment she just stood there and looked at him.

He didn't know what to do, so he just waved a bit clumsily. She immediately started laughing. O shit, he just waved at her. Like seriously Lando, couldn't you think of anything else but wave at her. She sat down beside him.

Yn: So, whatcha drinking?

Lando: Hot chocolate.

Yn: With no whipped cream? Barbaric.

He laughed, it felt so good to laugh with her.

She stood up and walked to the bar, returning with a cup of whipped cream and a spoon. She put the whipped cream on his hot chocolate and she took a sip.

Yn: That's better.

She had whipped cream all over her nose, she looked adorable.

He didn't know what possessed him, but he reached out for her and wiped the whipped cream from her nose. She turned red. Then, he ate the whipped cream of his fingers.

Lando: That is indeed better.