Chapter 87

"Always."  

Yn: Shots, I need shots.

Kika: Easy princess, we're not even inside yet.

Yn: Then how about we go inside, like, right now?

Kika: The boys aren't looking ready to head inside.

Yn: That's the point Kika.

Kika: Alright fine. Pierre! We're going inside, find us later.

You pull Kika inside and walk straight towards the bar.

Kika: Where are you going, our table is over there.

Yn: I need those shots. The bar is over there.

Kika: Girl, this is a VIP club, there are waiters coming to our table to get us those shots.

Yn: Oh, right. I forgot.

To be honest, you still weren't quite used to the 'rich people life', never having been to a VIP club anywhere. After ordering some shots, you felt a little better about tonight.

Max: There you guys are, starting without us I see?

Kika: We've only had like, 5 shots each, I think.

Pierre: Cisca, I'm not carrying you home.

Kika: You won't have to carry me home. However, someone might have to carry Bells. She's got many qualities, my high alcohol tolerance not being one of them.

You roll your eyes at her statement. Yes you were feeling a bit buzzed, but you weren't drunk.

Yn: Aren't you funny, Francisca.

Kika: Retorting to full names now are we?

She sticks out her tongue and you laugh at her.

Yn: Where'd you guys leave Lando?

Charles: He was talking to a girl. We figured to leave them be.

Yn: Oh...

So, after he almost kissed you he decided talking to another girl was his best option. How 'mature' of him.

Charles: Don't fret. He's not worth it.

Yn: I suppose.

You attempt to enjoy yourself for another hour, but with Lando still absent, you come to the realisation that tonight's enjoyment has faded away. You rise from the table and walk outside, a growing desire to return home tugging at your thoughts. Charles being Charles, he walks after you.

Charles: Are you alright? You've barely spoken the entire night.

Yn: I just, I don't feel-

Struggling about what to tell Charles, the words don't come out right.

Charles: What don't you feel Bells?

Yn: I want to go back.

Charles: To where?

Yn: To when.

He looks confused for a moment, trying to figure out what you meant. Then, it appeared to click in his mind.

Charles: When do you want to go back to?

Yn: A time before this mess.

He looks at the floor, probably feeling guilty he's part of the mess you were referring to. A tear runs down your cheek.

Yn: A time where I could talk to my mom and dad.

Your voice sounded a bit higher than usual trying not to burst out in tears.

Yn: I don't know what to do, and if only I could talk to my parents, but I can't. And that somehow makes it even more worse than it already is. I just wish I never got into this world, but then I wouldn't have achieved my dream. I don't know if living this life is worth it, and-

Charles: You're rambling again.

You were crying uncontrollably now.

Yn: I know I'm sorry.

Charles: Don't be sorry Bells... I can't take you back in time, but I can take you back to the house if you want?

-

Walking back to the house, you felt like you still hadn't talked everything over with Charles. Even after all this time, intentionally trying to start this conversation made you feel like you couldn't breathe. But in order to give not only yourself, but also Charles closure, you had to.

Yn: Charles?

Charles: Bells.

He gave you a shy smile. Your heart broke a little for him.

Yn: You know that we're over, right?

His face fell as his eyes became watery.

Charles: I can give you more time.

Yn: I don't need more time.

Charles: But I love you.

His voice sounded desperate, what made your heart break even more for him.

Yn: And I love you Charles, but not in that way anymore. I stopped loving you like more than friends the minute I found out about your betrayals. And even if you hadn't betrayed me like that, I'm not sure if it would've worked out in the end.

Charles: So it's really just over?

Yn: Yes.

After that statement he was quiet for a while, looking at his shoes. You weren't sure what you could say to him to make it less painful, so you kept quiet as well.

Charles: Can you still be my friend?

Relief washed over you as a smile took over your face.

Yn: Of course I'll be your friend Charles.

Charles: Always?

Yn: Always.

He nodded and agreed to that as well.

Charles: Always.