Chapter 59

Back at the hotel you take a shower and change into something more comfortable. It was already late in the evening and your flight would depart at 1am in the morning, so you would sleep through the flight.

You meet up with Charles in the hotel lobby, where he takes your suitcase and walks you towards the cap.

Lando: Leaving with your new boyfriend now are you?

Your stomach drops as you turn around and look into his eyes. The eyes you were trying not to think about all day after what happened the night before. You were so tired of this going back and forth. Charles obviously didn't seem to understand what was happening.

Charles: What's your problem, mate?

Lando: You mean who's my problem?

Charles looks at you, even more confused if that was even possible. Lando grabs your wrist. You try to wiggle your hand out of his grip but he's holding on too tight. Why was he holding on so tight, it hurted.

Charles: Stop it, you're hurting her.

When he realized he was in fact hurting you he let go of your wrist immediately.

Lando: Shit, sorry.

You looked at him with hurt in your eyes, not being able to look at him after he broke up with you over something that wasn't even true.

Yn: Just go.

Lando's features seemed to soften. He didn't look well, objectively. His skin was pale and the bags under his eyes were more than noticeable.

Lando: Don't leave with him.

Did he really just say that? Your heart ached. He wasn't allowed to pull this card on you after everything he said last night. You remember his stinging words that hurted you so much, it made you sad and angry.

Yn: I thought my lying face made you sick.

You didn't give him the chance to answer as you turned around and got into the cap, Charles following you.

As the cap drives you and Charles to the airport a tear rolls down your face. You look outside when you feel a hand on your leg, trying to comfort you. His other hand held out a handkerchief, which was engraved with the initials CMHPL. A laugh escapes your mouth, of course this man had an engraved handkerchief.

Charles: Are my initials that funny?

Yn: You must tell me what they stand for.

Charles: Never.

You give him an indignant but playful look.

Yn: Alright, is that a challenge? Because I will find out you know.

Charles: We'll see about that.

You and Charles laughed and it made the air feel less thick and heavy. Lando really was a jerk, and he said it himself today "That's over". For the rest of the night you decided not to give him any more thoughts, he didn't deserve them anyway.

-

Stepping through the doors of your own home felt indescribably good. You opened the doors to your balcony and looked at all the early risers making their way through the busy streets of Monaco. You got a good amount of sleep on the plane which meant you weren't all that tired.

After unpacking, showering and getting ready for the day you open your phone. Apparently, it blew up during the night. A lot, and I mean a lot of people saw your instagram story where you congratulated Charles on his win. You're about to put away your phone when one particular message pulls your attention.

"charles_leclerc started following you"

So, that was definitely new and apparently it didn't go unnoticed by a lot of people. But why did you gain more than 200k new followers in one night over a follow?

"charles_leclerc named you in a story"

You click on his instagram story which shows a photo of you and Charles hugging after yesterday's race, and he tagged you. Now, that explained all those new followers. You roll your eyes and smile. Very subtle, Leclerc.