Chapter 74

Lando's pov:

Yn: I can't do this toxicity anymore Lan, it's killing me.

He felt his eyes stinging. This couldn't be true, and why was she with Charles last night? He'd made a stupid mistake, one wished he could take back. He wanted to be mad at her for spending the night with Charles, but right now his desperation won.

Lando: But I love you.

He looked into her watery eyes wishing she would say it back, wishing they could forget all of it and just be together.

Yn: Sometimes, love isn't enough.

He felt like he couldn't breathe. He couldn't keep the tears in so just let them roll over his cheeks. This was it, this was the end. Maybe, if he'd believed her since day one, they would still be together now.

He closed his eyes for just a moment, wishing he was dreaming. When he opened them again he gently stepped towards her, placing a kiss on her forehead.

Lando: If I knew this was how it would end I'd write our story again, baby.

He couldn't bear to be in her presence any longer, so he walked through the door and didn't look back. Because looking back and not seeing her following him, might actually kill him. Her words were echoing through his head, "Sometimes, love isn't enough".

He ran back home, shattering on the floor as soon as he'd closed the door. His immature behaviour might have cost him the love of his life, and pushed her towards Charles. He always thought their love would be enough in the end, but maybe he was wrong. Maybe love wasn't going to be enough this time.

The morning after he'd got out of bed at 5am, not being able to sleep any longer. He was going to be a more mature person, starting today. The first thing he did was drive by Lily, to apologise for this behaviour and tell her in person it wouldn't work. She was surprisingly understanding, which he deeply appreciated.

When he got back home he wanted to apologise and say goodbye to her as well, but he didn't think he could bear to see her turn him down again. That's why he'd decided to write her a letter, so he could say goodbye to her properly without having to face her. It might be the action of a coward, but he honestly didn't want to mess with her life any further. And knowing himself, he would if he'd see her in person.