Chapter 70

Lando's pov:

He finally held her in his arms again tonight, and afterwards, he felt a lot better about their situation. Watching her drink with Charles didn't bother him as much as before. However, when he took out his phone and opened Instagram, his breath caught in his throat as he saw the photo she had posted a few hours ago. It was a picture of her and Charles hugging after the race. He felt nauseous and a little dizzy. Damn it, now it did bother him that she was talking to Charles the whole evening. The anger and jealousy must have shown on his face because Lily looked at him with concern.

Lily: Don't worry, Daniel has a girlfriend, dear. It wasn't like that.

Oh great, of course the vain bitch would think that was his problem. But maybe he could use this to his advantage.

Lando: You should make it up to me then, upstairs?

She smiled at him, took his hand, and led him upstairs. He needed to forget about her and felt like this was the only way to do it. She was moving on, and so should he. That's why he undressed her, and then himself, and laid her on the bed. He lay down on top of her without looking at her, pretending she was someone else. Then, suddenly, he heard the door open. He looked over his shoulder and saw that "someone else" in the doorway.

Yn: I'm sorry.

He broke at the sight of her, her eyes filling with tears and pain. She slammed the door shut again.

Lando: Fuck.

He got off Lily and quickly dressed himself so he could follow her.

Lily: Are you seriously going after her?

Lando: Just don't.

He put on his shirt and walked out of the room.

When he returned to the party, she was nowhere to be found.

Lando: Do you know where Yn is?

Pierre: She just left with Charles, mate.

His chest filled with hurt, jealousy, and panic once again. Shit, he wouldn't be able to fix this. She had his phone blocked, and he couldn't just go to Charles' house and knock on the door at 1 a.m. He didn't say anything to anyone as he left the party and went home. That night, he felt stupid for his behaviour. He needed to get over himself and grow up. He had lost her to Charles because of his actions, and just when he felt like he had salvaged things between them, he had to go and mess it all up again. Fuck.