Chapter 58

Today is raceday. So unfortunately, you really had to get out of bed and get ready for work. You take a shower to wash off the previous night. You put on a cute outfit and make sure you look nice, to compensate for how you really feel. You're about to get into your car when you hear someone calling your name, it was Max.

Max: Hey, need a ride?

Yn: Sure.

You put your car keys back in your bag and walk towards Maxs' car. He opens the door and you get in.

Max: How have you been?

You laugh, because life has literally not stopped being a rollercoaster.

Max: That bad?

Yn: That bad. But, it's race day so I'm just going to pretend to be the most problem free person in the world.

Max: Fake it till you make it right?

Yn: Exactly.

You and Max laugh. At least you two were on good terms. When you've arrived at the paddock you both have to go your separate ways.

Max: It was good to see you.

Yn: It was, good luck out there. I'll be rooting for you.

Max: Thanks, I'll see you around.

You wave Max goodbye and head towards the McLaren hospitality, let's get this day started.

Luckily, Lando already got changed into his racing gear and was already in the garage. So far, life has been kind to you today. You head to the garage, put on some headphones and take a seat. There wasn't much for you to do other than keeping up with Lando's socials and waiting till the race was over, so that's what you did. You hadn't spoken to Lando since yesterday evening, and you weren't planning to.

The race is about to start so he walks past you, towards his car.

Lando: No good luck today?

You don't even bother to respond, so you just look at him with bitter disgust. He really hurt you yesterday, and weren't planning on forgiving him. He waits for you to respond for a few more seconds, but then puts on his helmet and gets into his car.

Unfortunately Lando had to retire from the race due to an engine failure. That meant he had to do his post race interview early. You walk Lando to his interview without speaking a word to him. When you arrive at his interview you see it was the same interviewer that asked him about his love bite a few days ago.

Interviewer: How is it going with the girl you won't tell us about Lando?

He finds your eyes, but then looks back at the interviewer again.

Lando: That's over.

Your heart drops hearing him say it again. You didn't even do anything wrong, he just believed the made up story around the picture with Charles.

After Lando's interview you're done for the day so you head back to the McLaren garage to watch the rest of the race. Just as you get back you see that Max, who was leading the race, also had to retire due to an engine failure. That was unfortunate for Max, but it did mean that Charles was now leading the race.

When you see Charles is leading the final lap you go out to cheer him on as he crosses the finish line, along with everyone from ferrari. He actually won, just like he said he would.

You make your way to the podium. Charles parks his car and runs towards everyone from ferrari. When he notices you standing among all those Ferrari employees, he smiles and makes his way to you. He gives you a big hug.

Charles: Told you I'd win.

Yn: Congrats Charles, you did amazing!

Charles is so happy that he kisses your cheek. The press takes lots of pictures of you, but you couldn't care less. Lando broke up with you, so why should you care? He said it himself "That's over". If he believes Charles is your boyfriend, that's not your problem. Right now, you and Charles were friends and it was nice. And well, if these photos would make Lando think they were dating, so be it. Might be his karma for being so mean to her.

When Charles is on stage, he looks for your face in the crowd. He winks at you and you smile at him. You take out your phone, open Instagram and make a picture of Charles on the podium.

"Congrats @charles_leclerc"

You post the photo on your Instagram story while you look at the podium ceremony. You were happy for your new friend, he deserved this win.