Chapter 96

Lando's pov:

When he walked down the stairs, she was not in the garden, where she usually had her morning coffee. Figuring she must still be in the kitchen, he walked through the door. When he did, his heart sank. What the fuck was Lily doing here?

Lily: Hi babe.

Lando: What the fuck are you doing here?

Lily: Max let me in.

He shot a furious look at Max, who threw his hands up in defence.

Max: I couldn't just throw a door in her face and leave her on the porch. Anyways, I'll give you some privacy.

Lando: We're not gonna need privacy, just leave Lily.

Max: Trust me mate, you're gonna wanna hear her out.

With that Max left the kitchen, a heavy silence falling over them.

Lily: Can you sit?

Lando: No, just tell me why you're here.

Lily walked up to him, handing him a small box. When he opened the box, real panic started to rise in his chest.

Lily: Congrats, you're going to be a dad.

It was one night, almost two months ago. In a moment of weakness, thinking he'd never be with the love of his life again, he slept with Lily. Just one stupid night he'd regretted ever since. He wouldn't have believed her if it weren't for the positive test in the box.

Lando: Do you have proof it's mine?

Lily: Well, no. But you're the only one I slept with in the last few months, Lando. So it has to be yours.

Lando: Fuck. Are you going to keep it?

Lily: Yes.

Lando: Fuck. Just, get yourself a cup of tea and I'll be back soon.

Without waiting for Lily to protest, he left the kitchen. He had to find her, his Bells. And yes, the nickname even stuck with him even though he tried hard not to like it. It was catchy.

He didn't have to look very hard. As soon as he opened the door to the front porch, he saw her sitting on the floor next to Francisca. When they noticed him, Francisca quickly rose to her feet and walked up to him.

Kika: You better leave her alone.

Shit, Kika must know. That meant they both knew. Fuck.

Yn: It's fine Kieks. I'll find you later.

Kika: Are you sure babe?

Yn: Yeah.

Francisca shot him an angry look, after which she got back into the house.

Yn: You slept with her? God and here I was thinking you were trying to be a better man.

Lando: Yes. I was sad, she was there, we slept together.

He knew the truth hurt her, but he wasn't going to lie to her face. She deserved the truth.

Yn: When?

Lando: Two months ago, I think. You were still with Charles, I thought we would never happen again.

Yn: I guess you were right.

She walked past him, not giving him a chance to explain.

Lando: Bells, please.

Yn: Leave. Take care of your unborn child and their mother.

She slammed the door in his face, not opening it even though he kept knocking on the door. When the door finally opened, Lily walked through with his suitcase packed.

Lily: Kika and Bella packed it. They said you weren't welcome in the house any longer.

Not knowing what else to do, he got in the car and drove himself and Lily to the airport, doubting if the child was really his. But if he was going to find out, he had to take her back to England and make sure they did a maternity test. He knew he couldn't make things right with his Bells if he wasn't sure that Lily was indeed lying and that this wasn't his child.

He wanted to tell Bells about his suspicions. But if somehow Lily found out about his doubts, she could tamper with the test results. No, if he wanted to know the truth, he had to lay low and pretend he did indeed believe Lily. It was the only way. Let's hope that if he wasn't the father, it wouldn't be too late to make things right with the love of his life.

One of a kind - Lando NorrisOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara