Chapter 91

The wind in your hair is making you feel instantly better, almost as if you had a decent amount of sleep. The sun was already burning, even though it wasn't even noon yet. Soon enough, Lando parked the scooter and took off his helmet. You were about to take off on your own, when he interrupted you.

Lando: Let me.

His hands fumbled with the clasp of your helmet, gently taking it off.

Yn: Gee, thanks for doing that. Certainly I wasn't able to do that myself. What a life-saver you are.

Lando: Don't try me, you'll end up in the sea.

Yn: I'll keep that in mind.

You look around and notice he's taken you to a small place with not many people around.

Yn: You know this place?

Lando: No, but Max told me this place had good food and was kinda low-key.

Yn: Scared to be seen with me Norris?

Lando: No one is scared to be seen with you.

He takes out your seat, making you blush. You quickly take your seat, after which you both order something to eat.

Lando: So what've you been up to during the summer break?

Yn: Well, after I saw you last I went back to the Netherlands to visit my parents' graves. Got them some fresh flowers, talked to them.

Lando: Oh...

Yn: It's fine. It's been a while... I told them about the teddy bear you gave me, the one with their voices.

Lando: I hope I didn't overstep by giving you that.

Yn: You didn't, it was very thoughtful. It hasn't left my bed ever since my birthday.

He smiled at you, making you feel a bit shy.

Yn: But anyways, I went back home to Monaco after which Max, Kelly and I left for Croatia.

Lando: So you've been here for a while right?

Yn: Yeah, some weeks now.

Lando: How'd you spend your days?

Yn: Nothing special. Much reading, tanning, running, working on some new ideas for RedBull. But to be honest I've mostly been feeling like the unwanted child of Max and Kelly.

He laughed, which made you laugh as well.

Lando: I would ask you about those bright ideas of yours if I didn't know you're working for a rival team.

Yn: What can I say, orange didn't suit my skintone.

Lando: Neither did red.

You look into his eyes, both of you catching onto his double meaning.

Yn: I guess in the end it didn't.

Lando: I noticed you get to wear your own clothes while working for RedBull. Already that important huh?

Yn: Let's just say my career has been taking off lately.

Lando: Well I'm very proud of you.

Yn: If anyone can be proud of anyone, it's me being proud of you.

Lando: Well we all know how good of a driver I am, who wouldn't be proud?

You can't help but laugh at him. Both of you knew you weren't talking about his career, but about his personal growth as a person. Right at this moment, all in the world finally felt right. And shockingly, that was all because of the person sitting opposite to you.

Lando freaking Norris, still after all this time.