Chapter 103

Lando's pov:

He walked out the door, not once looking back. He didn't think he would be able to leave if he did. Walking past Francisca he puts his bags into his car.

Lando: Take care of her for me, will you?

Kika: Ofcourse.

Lando: Goodbye Francisca.

Kika: You can call me Kika, you know.

Even though he'd always called her Francisca, and she'd always ask him to not do that, he finally gave in.

Lando: Goodbye Kika.

She smiled and waved at him.

Kika: She will always love you, know that.

Lando: Make sure she never doubts that I love her too.

He closed the car door and drove back to the airport, already feeling numb.

After boarding his flight with an empty feeling, he knew there was something he had to do. Opening up his laptop he opened the document which was meant for the final chapter of his book. Because that is what he had to do, he had to finally write the definite ending of the book he wrote about their journey. Because that was what happened today; their journey had finally come to an end.

After finally writing the last chapter, "Croatian summer 2024", he decided to write her a letter on the last page of the book. One she might never read, but one he had to write. If not for her, for himself.

Bellshina,

I don't have fancy words or elaborate phrases for this. It's just me, writing to you one last time. I know you're with someone else now, and that's okay. I've come to terms with it. I do need you to know that I won't ever love again like I loved you. You were the light in my life, the laughter in my days, and the warmth in my heart.

Our journey was something else, wasn't it? We had our highs and lows, moments that made us feel like we were on top of the world, and moments that brought us to our knees. But through it all, it was you. You were the one I wanted to share it with. I'm not sure if you'll ever read this letter, but that doesn't matter anymore. What matters is that I'm setting you free. I hope you find all the happiness in the world with the one you're with now. You deserve it, more than anyone I know.

As for me, I won't pretend it's easy. You were my first love, my only love. But life goes on, right? I'll always carry the memories of us in my heart, no matter where I go or who I'm with.

So, here's to you, Bellshina, the girl who will forever have a piece of my heart. I wish you all the love and joy in the world.

Take care of yourself.

*Six month later: Christmas 2024*

Things with Charles had fizzled out after the summer. The weeks that followed you and Charles had decided to stay just friends. It was not as awkward as expected beforehand. You still had nights out with Kika, Pierre and Charles. You just weren't together with him. It had been fun while it lasted, but it was over.

With Christmas around the corner however, you felt lonelier than ever. Kika would spend the holidays in Portugal, while you were staying in Monaco. There was just one person you would like to talk to, but knew you couldn't.

-

On christmas morning, you were roughly awakened by a knock on the door. Rubbing the sleep out of your eyes you walk up to the door. On the ground lay a gift with your name on it. Carefully opening it, it appeared to be a book. When you turned the book around and took a look at the cover, your heart filled with joy and sadness all at once.

So, he did write a book.

                                                                        "One of a kind"

                                                               Written by Lando Norris

-The End-