Chapter 56

Lando: Did you forget about my romantic idea of me picking you up at 8?

He gave you a wink, you smiled at him.

Yn: I left you a note, I went for a run.

Lando: That early?

Yn: Yes, I've been awake for hours.

Lando: You didn't sleep well?

Yn: No...

Lando: Nightmares?

Yn: Yeah, things like that.

Lando: Like what?

Yn: Leave it.

You enter his drivers room to make sure Lando gets ready for qualifying.

Lando: Did something happen?

Yn: No.

Lando: You're lying.

Yn: Well fine, yes something did happen last night. I just don't want to talk about it right now because I'm at work and don't want to cry.

Lando: Are you okay?

You sigh and look at your shoes.

Yn: I'm managing.

He looks at you with pity in his eyes.

Lando: Oh baby, I know you are.

He gives you a hug, you try not to cry.

Yn: Now hurry, you have to get ready for qualifying.

He smiles at you.

Lando: Yes ma'am.

You're watching qualifying from the McLaren garage. Lando ends on p5, which is quite good for him and the team. Max manages to get pole position of course. Charles, surprisingly, manages to secure p2. You were happy for all of them. Lando gets back to the garage and you give him a hug as soon as he gets out of the car.

Yn: Well done! P5, that's amazing.

He takes off his helmet.

Lando: It really is.

Yn: We've gotta go to your interview.

Lando: Yes, we will. But first, I've got you something.

He pulls a small box out of his bag. You open the box and see the most beautiful necklace you've ever seen.

Yn: Oh Lan, you shouldn't have.

Lando: Let me put it on.

He takes the necklace and places it around your neck.

Yn: It's lovely, thank you.

Lando: Now you can take me to the interview.

After Lando's interview you're finally done for the day. You decide on running back to the hotel so you change back into your running clothes. You put in your earphones and walk through the paddock, heading to the exit.

Charles: Going for a run again?

You take out one of your earphones and smile at him.

Yn: Yeah, It's relaxing.

Charles: Yes I understand but you've just ran a lot of miles this morning you know.

Yn: So?

You look at him with a daring look in your eyes. His cheeks turn a little red.

Charles: Very impressive, and here I thought I'd be the top athlete.

Yn: You can join me if you'd like. You know, just to make sure we stay even.

You wink at him, not thinking he would actually take you up on your offer.

Charles: You know what I will join you for that run, just let me get changed and we'll go.

You follow him to the ferrari hospitality. You wait outside while he changes. After only 2 minutes he walks back out, ready to go.

Yn: That was fast.

Charles: I am very fast.

You laugh at him.

Yn: Yeah that's right, congrats on your second place on the grid for tomorrow.

Charles: So you did look at my performance?

Yn: It was hard to miss, you did quite well.

Charles: You'll be watching tomorrow?

Yn: You know I work for McLaren right? Of course I'll be watching.

Charles: Ah so that means you will not be able to watch the race from my garage?

Yn: Unfortunately not, no.

Charles: Ah what a bummer.

Yn: I will watch you though, from the McLaren garage.

Charles: That eases the pain.

You both laugh, at this moment you're truly happy. You give him one of your earphones.

Yn: I'm not much of a talker while running, so now you can enjoy some music as well.

Charles: I hope your taste in music is better than your taste in f1 teams.

You walk through the exit of the paddock and immediately start running.

Yn: Last one to the hotel buys dinner on Sunday.

Charles: Hey, that's an unfair start.

Yn: Try to keep up, otherwise your music will die along with your pride.

He laughs and starts running after you.