Chapter 80

Lando's pov:

Lando's phone received a notification that rain and thunderstorms were approaching. The notification indicated that it would rain within 10 minutes. Fortunately, he quickly found her.

When he saw her sitting in the sand, he parked the car. Fortunately, she was awake, though tears streamed down her face. Unsure of what to do, he decided to sit down beside her.

After a few minutes of hesitation, he gently put his arm around her to offer comfort.

Lando: What are you doing out here all by yourself?

Luckily, she had calmed down a bit, although a few tears still escaped.

Yn: You send me letters?

He hadn't expected this to be her response.

Lando: I did.

Yn: I never received them until tonight.

Now he was surprised. How could she have never received them? Uncertain of what to say, he let her continue talking.

Yn: Charles found them and hid them from me. I never knew you sent me letters or that you were the one who gave me that teddy bear.

Hold on, Charles did what?

Lando: Would it have made a difference if you had received them?

Yn: I... I don't know.

The first drops of rain fell on her face.

Lando: Rain is coming. We should go.

Yn: I don't want to go home. I'm sure Charles will be waiting for me there right now. I don't want to see him, not after our whole relationship feels like a lie.

Lando: I'll take you to Max's.

Yn: No, Kelly is staying with him, and I don't want to bother them.

Lando: You can stay with me, if you'd like?

Yn: Sure, let's just go.

He stood up and extended his hand to help her up. He walked her to his car, only to realise that he had left the car key inside, locking them out. As the rain poured harder, he looked at her with a guiltily expression.

Lando: I might have left the key inside.

For a moment, she looked stunned, but then she burst into laughter. He was surprised but soon joined in, laughing at himself as well.

Yn: You locked us out, really, Lan?

The rain poured down, soaking them both. She couldn't stop laughing, and neither could he.

Yn: We could take my bicycle?

So that's how he ended up biking through Monaco in the middle of the night, while it was pouring rain. Just like all that time ago.

That night, she stayed in his bed while he was sleeping on the couch. Maybe this time, love would be enough.