Chapter 65

That night Charles brought you some food from your favourite takeaway place. You had yet to tell him why you called him crying, asking him to please come over. After you both finish your food you decide to tell him.
Yn: I quit my job today.
Charles: You did what?
Yn: I quit my job, I couldn't work with Lando any longer.
Charles: Do you regret it? I mean you've worked hard to get that job.
Yn: I don't, working with him made me miserable.
Charles: What happened between you two?
Yn: A lot and nothing at the same time. I can't explain it.
Charles: It's fine, you don't have to.
You look out the window, the sun has set and all of Monaco is preparing for night. You're afraid you'll get nightmares about your parents tonight because of the emotional day you've had.
Yn: I have nightmares.
Charles seemed surprised by your sudden confession. His confusion is clearly visible so you decide to elaborate.
Yn: About my parents. They died in a car crash a few months ago.
Charles: Oh Bells I'm so sorry, I didn't know you'd lost them so recently and so horribly.
A tear rolls down your face.
Yn: How could you know? It's just, Lando helped me with my nightmares. And now, I'm afraid to go to sleep even though I'm exhausted.
Charles: I could stay.
Yn: Would you do that for me?
Charles: I'd do anything for you Bells, you know that.

-

Charles pov:
After a shower he settles into her spare room. He wanted to comfort her and make sure she was okay, but giving her space was of course the right choice. Even though he'd like to date her, they weren't. Still it felt good being there for her.

He opens his phone and sees an incoming text from Pierre.
Pierre: Want to play on the simulator?
Charles: I can't, I'm not at home.
Pierre: It's almost midnight?
Charles: Yes?
Pierre: Are you with a girl?
Charles: I am.
Pierre: MATE YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHO SHE IS.
Charles: It's not like that. Besides, you already know her.
Pierre: Hold on you aren't with her, are you?
Charles: I am at her place, yes.
Pierre: I thought you said you'd never be able to secure her. That she was, as you put it, emotionally unavailable for you.
Charles: It's not like that.
Pierre: Right so you mean to tell me you haven't kissed her yet?
Charles: No I haven't.
Pierre: It's probably because you're texting me instead of making sure she falls for you.
Charles: Ha Ha, very funny. Besides, I'm not sure if it's the right time to make a move.
Pierre: There's no time like the present, mate. See you tomorrow.
He puts away his phone, thinking about what Pierre said. He had a point, a good one. But not tonight, tonight she needed comfort and support. But maybe in the near future, he would make a move.

Later that night, after a few hours of sleep, he is woken up by her screams. He sprints into her room. She was already awake and crying. He sits down next to her on the bed and puts an arm around her.
Charles: Shh, it's okay, you're okay.
She didn't say anything, she just cried.
He grabbed the blanket and put it over her. He stroked her back until she fell asleep. When he was sure she was sleeping peacefully again, he too fell asleep. The thought of moving to his own room not there.