Chapter 94

Kika gasped audibly, and everyone turned their attention to you, waiting for your next move or words. Was Pierre joking? There's no way you would kiss Charles just for a silly game. Doing so would only invite unnecessary drama, given the current situation. Kissing Charles would raise his hopes even more, not to mention you had no desire to kiss him. You and Charles were over, and Pierre should know that, right? No matter how Charles felt about you, that's probably how you felt about the curly-headed man sitting next to you. God was cruel in not letting us choose who we love.

Yn: I'm not going to kiss Charles.

Pierre: It's just a kiss, Bella.

Yn: I'm not doing it.

Pierre: Well, it's not like you guys have never kissed before.

Lando: She said no, mate.

Charles: Pierre, let it go; she doesn't have to kiss me.

Kelly: Spoilsport.

Max: Babe, don't.

Yn: Fuck this game. I'm going to bed.

You stand up and leave the beach on the verge of tears. Why do people have to make this situation even harder than it already is?

Charles: Bells, wait up.

You ignore him, simply wanting to be left alone.

Charles: Bells, please.

It was a dark night, the moon nowhere to be found. The grass in the garden must've been a bit damp, because the noses of your shoes were wet. A large tree conceals the two of you, preventing you from seeing the others on the beach.

Charles: I had no idea Pierre was going to dare you to kiss me.

Yn: Really? Because this afternoon, you said you were still going to fight for me. Besides, Pierre is your best friend.

Charles: Yes, he is my best friend, but that doesn't mean I knew he was going to suggest this.

Yn: I just wanted a fun night without any drama. But since you all arrived, it's been nothing but drama.

Charles: It's not all on me.

Yn: No, it's not, but you're a part of that drama, Charles.

Charles: All I want is for you to be happy, ma chérie.

Yn: But I'm not. And neither are you.

Charles: That's because you're not with me.

Yn: Charles, I'm sorry, but I can't choose who I love, just as you can't either.

Charles: You don't love me anymore?

Yn: Charles, I love you. You're family. But I'm not in love with you. You don't ignite passion and excitement in me.

Charles: I can try to make you feel passionate. Just tell me what to do or what to change.

Yn: It doesn't work that way, Charles. I just don't feel that way about you anymore, and I'm so sorry because if I did, it would be easier for both of us. I tried, but it's not working.

Charles: I'll do anything for you...

Yn: And I for you, except be with you.

Charles: After all this time, you're still in love with him, aren't you?

A tear rolls down your cheek as you struggle not to hurt him while not lying either.

Yn: Charles...

Charles: You are.

The pain in his voice makes you feel dizzy. Why, God, does this have to be the reality? Your heart aches seeing his glassy eyes and tear-stained cheeks.

Charles: It's alright, ma chérie.

Yn: Charles, I'm so sorry.

Charles: It's fine. All I have to do is wait for him to mess things up, and I'll be here waiting for you.

With that, he walks away toward the garage. A moment later, you hear his car start, and he drives away from the villa. Luckily, he hasn't been drinking. Still, you're a bit worried about him driving his car upset at night, so you text him.

Yn: Get home safely.

With that, you enter the house and head upstairs.

-

After a calming shower, you get into bed and open your book. Once again, you find yourself lost between the pages, not even realising you were just reading. There's a knock on the door that you didn't hear, and Lando lets himself in. He sits on the edge of the bed when you finally notice him.

Lando: I don't plan on screwing this up this time.

Yn: You heard us?

Lando: Not intentionally, but yes.

You put down your book and sit up straight next to him.

Yn: You don't plan on screwing or you don't plan on screwing up?

He gives you a wicked smile that gives you goosebumps.

Lando: Oh, I plan on doing the first; the second, not so much. That's a promise, love.

Suddenly, you feel nervous. You haven't kissed Lando in such a long time that you can barely remember what it felt like. What if you kiss, and the passion isn't there anymore?

Lando: Tell me to stop...

He gently places his lips on yours, kissing you. Your nerves slide off your back, and passion fills every inch of your body. After a few seconds, the kiss becomes more passionate. His hands slide down your sides to your legs, and he gently lifts you onto his lap. He breaks the contact of your lips and places them on your neck.

Lando: You should tell me when to stop.

It gives you a sense of deja vu, thinking back to when he said that for the first time.

Yn: You know I don't want you to stop.

With that, he lifts you up and lays you down on the bed. He climbs on top of you, kissing every available inch of your body. As you undress each other, both of you are unable to say anything sensible any longer.

-God forgive me for sleeping with him while Charles sleeps under the same roof-