Chapter 92

Pierre: Ah, you brought the wine.

Yn: You asked, we delivered.

Pierre: Where'd you get it?

Yn: From a local winery. Trust me, it's good.

Pierre: Drinking already? It's just past noon, Bella.

Yn: First, no, of course I'm not drinking. I've been here before. Second, did you really just nickname my nickname?

Pierre: Well, it's catchy, Bella.

While Lando is unpacking the groceries, you see Kika walking in.

Kika: Ah, you brought the wine.

Lando: Alcoholic minds think alike, it seems.

You laugh while you see Kika looking indignantly at Lando.

Kika: I'm not an alcoholic. Pierre, on the other hand...

She hadn't finished her sentence when she noticed she had to run away from Pierre to make sure he didn't throw her in the pool.

Now both of them had left, you and Lando were alone once again.

Lando: So, Max told me we were going to have some drinks on the beach here tonight. They arranged a bonfire and all.

Yn: Sounds fun.

Lando: Well, I'll be there so of course it'll be fun love.

"Love." Damn, if that didn't make you melt into the floor, you didn't know what else would.

Lando: I even heard Pierre and Kika were planning on making us play truth or dare.

You roll your eyes but smile nonetheless.

Yn: Sounds like them, don't you think?

Lando: Immature people that get parties going? Yup, sounds exactly like them.

Yn: Don't tell them I said this, but they're an asset to the group.

Lando: I'll take your secrets to the grave.

After putting the groceries away, you take your book and glasses off the dinner table.

Yn: I'll go and read some in the garden.

Lando: I wouldn't expect anything else from you, little bookworm.

Yn: Says the author.

Lando: I haven't published anything yet, so you can't call me that.

Yn: I can call you whatever I'd like.

As you walk out the door with your book in hand, you hear Lando muttering under his breath, "True". You couldn't help but smile at yourself while making yourself comfortable in the hammock.

-

Hours pass while you're reading your book at an impressive pace. You're so into the book that you don't notice someone standing beside you.

Charles: Brought you some water.

You look up, seeing Charles standing above you.

Charles: You always forget to drink during your reading sessions, so I figured I'd get you some water.

Realising you hadn't said anything, you quickly take the cup of water from him.

Yn: Thanks.

You toss your legs over the edge of the hammock, sitting up straight, unconsciously making space for Charles.

Charles: Is it okay if I sit?

Yn: Eh, sure, Leclerc.

The pain of hearing his last name was clearly visible on his face, though he did not comment on it.

Charles: How was your date with Lando?

Yn: It wasn't a-

Charles: It's fine, don't bother lying to me or yourself.

You sigh, truly not knowing if it was a date this morning.

Yn: Honestly, I don't know if it was a date.

After a few seconds of silence, Charles speaks up again.

Charles: I'll still fight for you.

Yn: Charles, I'm sorry, but I told you that this is over.

Charles: For now. But life is long Bells. I intend on still being with you in this long life.

Yn: Please don't waste your time on me when there are so many other lovely girls out there Charles.

He looks into your eyes, despair written over his face.

Charles: There is only one girl for me.

With that, he stood up and left, not giving you a chance to say anything in return.

Not knowing how to feel about your conversation with Charles, you decide to open your book once again. Soon enough, you were drowning in the pages once more.