Just the Introduction

*Yn POV*

Wassup's guys. I'm Yn. I'm 16. I live in Compton. Here it's all about drugs, money and there is a lot of gang stuff going on. If you don't deal drugs, you take them. Sometimes, it's both. Sometimes, if you lucky enough, you get you and your family out of all of this. But, it's not likely. The people you see at church Sunday morning are the people you see running on the streets Saturday night. Me, I've lost everyone. I have no family, that I know of, left. None that wants me anyway.

But, I don't need them. I make money. I ain't a prostitute, I sell drugs with, I guess you could say my partner, Chresanto. When we're on the streets working everyone call him Roc. Me and Roc only sell, we don't do drugs. Sometimes we smoke weed, but not all the time. And, what teen hasn't? They call me Beauty. Not, that chick from that band, uh whatever it's called. OMG or something like that. They call me Beauty cause well, I am pretty and I'm one of the only girls that sell. I chose not to sell myself.

They call Chresanto Roc, because he don't mess around when it comes to business. Me and Roc ain't in a gang, one day both of us want to get out of this. Hopefully together. We been working together for four years. Yup, since I was 12. It used to be smaller stuff, but the older you get and the longer you're in it, the bigger it gets. I live in apartment with, guess who, Roc. We both lost everybody. Since, we can't pay rent by ourselves we got a small apartment together. We only got each other. Daytime is school time. Nighttime is work time. That's pretty much everything.

*Roc POV*

What's good guys? I'm Chresanto. I just turned 17. I live in Compton. Me and Yn sell drugs. We don't do them. Sometimes we smoke weed but, what teen don't? But weed is all, nothing else, cause if you do that other shit you get addicted. Me and Yn are trying to make it out of here. We will only leave together. We can't leave each other. I am all she has and she is all I have. I protect her. And if a girl tries to start with me, Yn gets them. People call me Roc at work because I don't fuck around when it comes to business.

I gave Yn the nickname Beauty. She is pretty and she has self respect. The first day we became partners, I asked what made her wanna do this. Her exact words were, "I ain't gonna sell myself. I need some money. I heard my parents talking, they don't want me no more, so, I'mma have to pay the bills." We were only 12. We were both in the same situation. When I turned 14, her parents left her. She was 13. So, we got a place together, cause I was tired of bouncing around in friend's houses. We been living together since then. That is pretty much it.

Y'all let me know what y'all think. It's gonna be interesting. I promise.