Chapter 82

Lando: Good afternoon sleepyhead.

You wake up and find Lando standing beside his bed, which he didn't sleep in. Annoyed by the bright light flooding in from the wide-open curtains, you quickly pull the blankets over your head.

Lando: How I've missed your morning mood.

He actually laughed at you. How dare he?

Lando: Come on, it's past 11am. You have to get up.

Suddenly, you feel him grabbing the blankets and he pulls them off you.

Yn: Really?

Lando: Come on, we can get breakfast?

Yn: I'm not hungry.

He seemed to think for a while after which a smile appeared again.

Lando: We'll get some ice cream then?

He knew you couldn't resist this offer, which was obviously why he was already throwing some clothes at you. You are surprised to see what clothes he had chosen for you. It was the jumper, which he had stolen from you years ago, and an old pair of jeans you had apparently left at his place once. No wonder you couldn't find these jeans, mystery solved.

Moments later, you step out of the bathroom showered and changed. Your hair was still damp and you had no make-up on.

Lando: You look good.

Yn: Liar.

Lando: I would never.

You rolled your eyes at him but couldn't help but blush anyway.

Lando: I put your phone on the charger last night.

He hands you your phone and you turn it on. You had more than 20 missed calls from Charles. You didn't want to talk to him, not after what had happened yesterday. You're about to put your phone away when you get a message from him.

Charles: Please let me know you're safe?

It would be heartless to let him think the worst, which is why you reply.

Yn: I'm safe, please don't call or text again.

Your whole relationship had felt like a lie after you found out about the letters, and you weren't sure if it would ever stop feeling like that.

Lando: Are you ready?

Yn: Yeah, let's go.

After you and Lando got some ice cream you decide to ask him about last night.

Yn: How did you know where to find me?

Lando: You love the beach, so I just drove along the coast till I found you.

Yn: Thanks for finding me.

Lando: Thanks for being somewhere I was able to.

You blush and take another bite from your ice cream.

Lando: Do you want to talk about it?

Yn: To be honest, I don't.

Lando: That's okay. Is there anything else I can do for you?

Yn: I, just, can I just get a hug maybe?

He puts his arms around you and gives you a big hug. You felt like crying, but decided against it.

Yn: I have to go talk to Charles.

Lando: I know you do. I'll drop you off.

This new, responsible Lando really surprised you. He seemed to be the best version of himself, just like he'd said in the letters he was trying to become. You never thought Lando would be the one driving you back to Charles' place so you could talk with him, but here he was.

Yn: Thank you for driving me Lan.

Lando: Call me if you need to get out of there.

Yn: I will.

And just like that, he drove away. Leaving you to talk with Charles, something you unfortunately had to do.