Chapter 73

Charles: You know you have to throw the frisbee in my direction right?

Yn: It's not my fault you're not able to catch it.

He throws the frisbee back at you and you catch it. You stick out your tongue to mock him a little. It was a hot summer day and you and Charles were both waist-deep in water. The stream provided sufficient cooling, which was needed by the scorching sun. After a messy morning, this calm was just what you needed. The place was peaceful and calm, no people in sight except you and Charles.

You spent the whole day there. Charles had also brought two rice bowls for dinner. As the evening began to fall the sky coloured different shades of orange, which reminded you of a certain someone. You shook that thought out of your head and looked at Charles.

Yn: It's beautiful isn't it?

You look at the sky after which you look back at Charles. He looks into your eyes, not bothering to look at the sky.

Charles: It is.

You blush and look back at the sky. It was a warm summer night, one you very much needed.

Charles: You know it's a great night for a swim.

He wore this mischievous smile and you knew he was up to something.

Yn: Don't you dare Leclerc.

You get up in an attempt to run away from him, but your attempt was in vain. He lifts you over his shoulder and walks into the water.

Yn: Put me down.

Charles: As you wish, princess.

He throws you into the water. When you surface you can't help but laugh.

Yn: Very mature of you.

Charles: Well you know me, I am very mature.

You jump on his back and try to get him down under and he lets you.

When you resurface you're suddenly very close to him. The orange tones from the sky were touching his face, he looked breathtaking. He lifts his hand and puts it in your hair.

Charles: Is this okay?

Yn: Hmh.

You give him a shy smile as he gets closer to you. You close your eyes and feel his lips touching yours. He kisses you gently, but then pulls you closer and starts kissing you more fiercely. When he finally pulls back he looks at you, the sun almost down.

Charles: I've wanted to do that for a while now.

Yn: About damn time don't you think?

You both laugh and get out of the water, after which he drives you back home.

-

When you're in bed later that night you couldn't help but smile at the thought of today. Charles had been such a gentleman all this time. You open your email and to your surprise you have an unread email from RedBull Racing. As your eyes scan the email your mood becomes even better.

"... and we'd like you to become the head of our on-sight social media team"

Holy shit, this was huge. Max must've had something to do with this. Well, if this was his way of apologising for this morning you were all here for it. They'd invited you for an interview tomorrow, which you obviously accepted. This was going to be amazing.