(99)BONUS| Pre-Natal

Shift Back to the Present (Night of Engagement)

Ryleigh's POV:

"You made me that way though..." I whisper, still using my thumb to rub at the band of my ring.

He looks at me holding agreement in his eyes, before he looks back at the counter.

"It's only been like thirty seconds... relax" my words leave my mouth in a nervous giggle.

J' looks back at me, before pulling me into his arms.

"Tell yuh fi be selfish.... not to me...to everybody else bredda" he breathes.

*Hear di man....*

Squinting in confusion, I push back to look at his face before saying "Sir... yuh tell me fi do weh me want, lef di boy and go see what it's like. Clear as day yuh said ..yOU PUt EvERybODy AbOVe YOUrseLF, yOu NEeD fI bE sELfIsH"

A chuckle leaves his lips, followed by hearty laughter.

"Ry'...... if me did know the advice woulda affect me, you wouldn't get a word from the killa"

*KMT*

Imagine.....

"Yah supm else" I say before glimpsing at the counter.

A moment of silence fills the room before we're both looking at the counter impatiently.

*Nerves must kill me tonight*

Right.... cause why me all feel like me ago have diarrhea.

*Are we ready?*

With him? I was ready at 17...

*Easy gyal.... yuh love out*

"Ready?" Jordanne asks, now stroking my hair while searching my eyes.

I release a heavy sigh, step back from his arms and walk to the counter. He follows....

*Lady hurry up...mah sweatttt, you waited too long to check*

I was waiting for him....I want to do everything with him, from this point right up until I--

My thoughts are cut off by him flipping them over.

"Yuh so impatient J'?!!!" I shriek, swatting his hands away from the first stick.

*Lady have all of six stick... you beyond mad enuh*

A supm that weh mi know.....

He chuckles, holding his hands up in mock surrender, with a smirk on his face that denotes nothing but pride.

"Do yuh ting.." he says between small chuckles.

Moving to the first pregnancy test, I flip it over.

I I

I have never seen thicker lines in my life...

*Watch far along....Murdaaa*

The second stick..... I I

The third.... +

I look to J' who is biting back laughter. What the f*ck funny ina time like this?

My breathing picks up and I flip the fourth stick...

PREGNANT

..... Fada God

"Yuh need fi see more Ry'?" Jordanne's words fall on deaf ears, because I'm already flipping the last stick.

PREGNANT