61|Content

August (Same Year)

Ryleigh's POV:

"Is that so Ms.Stevens?" Dr.Drew says spinning his chair around to finally face me.

Dr.Richard Drew is the head Economist here at BOJ. He's what you might call.... snobby? born to a lower middle class family but worked his way to the top of his field and now thinks he is the pinnacle of Jamaica's financial system. Only 10 years older than me as he likes to brag...

If he's the pinnacle then him affi be the worse... cause di way everybody a thief and get weh kmt...

*Yuh might as well join dem mlavve*

Stop dat....

"It would only be for a few days, I'm certain my calculations will be done and sent over before I leave" I mutter, twiddling my fingers to fight back my anxiety.

The people pleaser in me has not died...at all.

Me a work from last year and never take a sick day, a personal day, a vacation day to rass. Jordanne is not having an excuse for his birthday weekend, so dah man yah better tread lightly.

"IFFF.... if you leave Ms.Stevens" he says with a scowl.

I hiss.... luckily he didn't catch it and if he did he's showing no signs of such.

I open my mouth to speak but he holds his hand up willing silence.

"Ms.Stevens..... aren't you up for the open slot on the reserve managers team?" he asks, lifting his bushy left brow at me.

"I am..." is all I manage to say.

"Then how does one expect to compete? you already have less experience than your competitors and now you want to have less hours in office???"

Maybe him a talk truth enuh.... Them already have it fi say a cause me a woman, and they need gender diversity why I'm up for the role anyways.

"Dr.Drew.... it's a typical weekend, I'm only asking for the Thursday and Friday of the week before, and the Monday of the following week" I decide to stand my ground.

*Proud a yuh*

I have my own employees, and one ting me do is give them time off. Him think me need this? I just want to do what I love in peace.

B*mboclawt...

With all the frustration going through my head I manage to hold my face pleasant.

"If you can have your calculations to me by Wednesday" he says standing, hovering above me, all 6ft 4'' .... "Then I'll consider it" he mutters, picking up his folder.

"Consider?" I add.

"I'll give you the days Stevens... nuh push it" he mumbles and mi no know wah take over me body but I hurl myself at him, hugging him tightly.

"Appreciate it!" I giggle.

He takes his index and middle finger to press into my shoulders, scraping me off his towering body, like gum stuck to a nice shoe side.

Immediately I realize how compromising the position might look and gather myself. He cocks his head to the side.

"Ryleigh, duh do that again... they already think I give you special treatment" he says leading us to the door.

"Maybe show them my numbers, so they can actually see say anuh back a di class me par" I hiss and exit. He laughs and the love-hate relationship between us becomes even more evident.