56|Gradually Part 3

Cont'd

Ryleigh's POV:

It's been exactly eight minutes and I'm not even halfway through explaining myself. Len is seated while I pace back and forth trying to align my words as best as possible.

Mi no wah tell him no lie

....But I also don't want to give the idea that what we had was a joke, cause it wasn't.

Sigh...

"So yuh feel mi fraida him? yah mek the man manipulate you into supm weh nahgo work?" his words spew hate and jealousy as he watches me go back and forth.

Slowing my pace, I decide to address his response.

"Manipulate? Lenard... mi no think yah understand mi fully... I've loved him for most of my life.. why would you want to be with me if mi wah somebody else?" I ask, coming to a pause to stare at him.

He stands up to face me.

"Because.... I... love you... and if he's the ex you told me about that just couldn't get it right.. me disappointed.. the man look like him a born criminal... how do you plan on doing life with somebody like that?" he genuinely asks.

*BBFR a how long him know you? less than a year...kmt..love who?*

I watch his eyes dance left to right, searching... pleading even, for an answer satisfying to him.

Mi no have it...

*Yuh yourself no know*

I really don't... because what do I really know about Jordanne's day to day? I vaguely know he's into sh*t but what kinda sh*t exactly?.

"See" his voice drags me from deep thoughts "Yuh deven know... him have supm ova yuh? is he blackmailing you? what is it?..... yuh no affi stay here... we can live in London like we always talked about, travel Europe and Africa together...." he whispers softly..holding my chin up....I look at the genuine love in his eyes.

For a moment I think about it.... a moment too long, because the door slowly creaks open and I know it's J'.

Drip by the aura I can feel oozing from the doorway. I pull back and Lenard looks up.

Jordanne doesn't utter a sound, but leans against the door frame while watching us.

"I promise you I'm okay.. I've known him forever... this is my decision" I whisper and he tries to pull me into a hug but ....mi know better

"Yah push it ...." I hear J's lethal words. Turning away from Len I decide to walk to Jordanne.

*I hope him take the likkle half dead explanation we give him and no bother try nuttin sus*

Before I can throw myself onto J' ... Paw and Slyme walk in.

*Mi feel bad fi the man enuh*

Me too.... Bad to Bad...

"No bother with the fuckry... him nah do nothing" I whisper looking up at my man.

He smirks...

"Wah kinda person you and Surgeon think mi be? I have control..... most times"

*Like when?*

I hiss and he laughs out this time. We move off and I look back, taking a quick glance at Len. Paw and Slyme a explain supm to him that I can't hear.

I want to hear....

Jordanne notices and softly pulls me away placing me in front of him.

"Mi feel bad.... guilty" I say as we walk to get to the foot of the stairs.